Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 player on android tablet

Options
  • 12-01-2012 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭

I bought an Archos 80 9g which runs Android 3.2.1 but I dont seem to be able to view the TV3 player on it, I can watch RTE no problem.. does anyone know if I should download a particular browser or install something else on the tablet it order to watch this? thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

well, think you'll just need some apps like that.
    Check this list of Android app to get the very one: http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-android-apps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

it should work fine on any browser, its just flash based.
    are you using www.tv3.ie/3player ? do you get an error or just a black screen?
    try manually updating flash to the latest version https://market.android.com/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer

you could always try another browser (works fine for me in dolphin HD) as a test, as the stock one could be buggy?
    https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Bellu wrote: »
    well, think you'll just need some apps like that.
    Check this list of Android app to get the very one: http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-android-apps

i have no idea wtf this is about? has your account been hacked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Glenian1

Firedance wrote: »
    I bought an Archos 80 9g which runs Android 3.2.1 but I dont seem to be able to view the TV3 player on it, I can watch RTE no problem.. does anyone know if I should download a particular browser or install something else on the tablet it order to watch this? thanks a mil[/Quote

I had the same problem.

In the browser hit menu (top right) select settings, advanced, browser then select html5 option. This works for both tv3 and rte

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Glenian1 wrote: »
    I had the same problem.

In the browser hit menu (top right) select settings, advanced, browser then select html5 option. This works for both tv3 and rte

Having an issue with TV3 but not RTE Player. Acer A500 running 3.2.1

Downloaded Dolphin but same issue - the ads before a show on TV3 play ok but the show itself doesn't. (Not a location issue - am in Ireland).

Tried to find the HTML5 option as suggested but can't see it in the browser settings.

Any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Having an issue with TV3 but not RTE Player. Acer A500 running 3.2.1

Downloaded Dolphin but same issue - the ads before a show on TV3 play ok but the show itself doesn't. (Not a location issue - am in Ireland).

Tried to find the HTML5 option as suggested but can't see it in the browser settings.

Any other suggestions?

When I was live streaming a football match from the 3 player, it would play 5-6 ads in a row before actually showing the stream, this was on dolphin. Maybe it's different for non live broadcasts, but just to say that it works fine on dolphin for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Does XBMC work on your device?

If so, install it and then install the add-on called 'VODIE'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Does XBMC work on your device?

If so, install it and then install the add-on called 'VODIE'.

Funny you should say that, but I have XBMC running on a HTPC and VODIE seems to have stopped working on that...

In any case, I can't see that XBMC is available for Android - it might be in development, but that's it as far as I know.

Advertisement