Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dhb hard bike box/case

• 27-09-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I won't be using this sturdy hard case anymore, so maybe someone could do with it, maybe someone is planning to go on a trip with his bike next season. I've fitted inside a 52 road bike, and also a 51 TT bike, with plenty of room. I'm sure it can accommodate much bigger frames.

It has wheels, even if it's not clear in the pictures :)

Important: The pictures show some "stains", it's just water, I gave it a wash and didn't wait for it to dry.

€180 or very near offer, and collection only around Heuston Station (Dublin).

Thanks for watching! :)

PS: The bike is there for size reference, it's not included :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

Price down to €150 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 tinyh98

Hey

Where are you located?

Wondering if this would fit a large TT bike?

Cheers,
    PH

Hi!

I'm located around Heuston Station, in Dublin.

I've put in this box both my road bike (size 52) and TT bike (also size 52), and in both cases I had lots of room for helmet, clothes, shoes, tools, etc.

As far as I saw on Wiggle the box was "one size", and I guess that if large bikes wouldn't fit people would had warned/complained about it on the reviews section, I didn't read anything about it.

Just a heads up, not only with this box but with any box: you'd need to take out the pedals and the handlebar (just loose the stem, and put it aside).

Thanks for the interest shown :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 tinyh98

Thanks for that info - and it stands to reason that they are one size fits all.

Need a hard case for a race next year - so am interested in it.

Am up in Dublin in 2 weeks time, so happy to meet you then to take it off your hands (if you want to hold onto it till then)

Am happy to paypal across a deposit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tinyh98 wrote: »
    Thanks for that info - and it stands to reason that they are one size fits all....
    If you have a 60, 62 frame, you may have to remove the rear derailleur. Standard 54,56,58 will fit without having to remove the RD.

• Advertisement

If you are coming to Dublin before November it's grand :) I'm moving home by the end of the first week of November, and would love not worrying about moving the bike box :)

But please, if you finally can't make it let me know, so I can try and find another new owner for the box :)

Send me please by PM your phone number, and what day(s) are you actually coming to Dublin.

Thanks!

I've asked twice tinyh98 when is he coming to Dublin and didn't get any answer, so unless he replies to this post now, the box is still up for sale :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Will the wheels and all fit in are the wheel bags with it.

macadam wrote: »
    Will the wheels and all fit in are the wheel bags with it.

Of course, the wheels fit :) Actually once the bike is inside there is lots of room. I've put in the past all my gear in: helmet, track pump, shoes, clothes, etc.

I had wheel bags, but I didn't realise they were not inside the box until you mentioned it. There are 2 options: they are in the shed... or they didn't come back the last time me or a friend of mine used the box. I'll check that for you.

If it's important for you you could get a pair in Wiggle for around €20, or you could just wrap them with an old towel :)

Thanks!

Offer €130

• Advertisement

Offer €130

Hi macadam,

would you be able to collect it from around Heuston Station in Dublin?

If you could meet during today (Saturday) it'd be awesome, as I'm moving and it'd save me needing to worry about moving the box.

Thanks!

Only seeing this now was working since 7am this morning, im In Louth, I can pick it up alright but it will be later in the week, I can also send you a deposit now if that suits via paypal, I might get someone to collect it earlier if their going that way.

Are you accepting my offer?

Are you accepting my offer?

Sorry macadam, I've been the whole day moving to a new home and haven't been checking the forum in the evening, just seeing this now.

I accept your offer, because I really need this gone and doesn't seem that people at this stage of the season are worrying much about boxes or competitions/trips.

I'll send you by PM my email so you can send me a deposit by Paypal.

I would had answered "It's grand, no worries deposit wise", but I've already been let down by a previous buyer and if this is not gone by next Friday I'll just need to leave it on the street, because I can't bring it to my new place. That'll break my heart ... so please if you reckon you are not going to make it let me know as soon as possible.

I can meet you (or whoever can collect it for you) any evening this week between 6-8pm around Heuston Station.

Meeting tomorrow at any time would make it much easier for me. During the week I'd need to come here just to meet. Actually tomorrow morning (only tomorrow morning, because I have the big car I rented to move home) I can deliver the box around Dublin city centre if that was any help.

Thanks

And the box is gone with macadam.

Thanks for everything!

Advertisement