Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Video Made on iPhone, Just as good as pro made video?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

This probably fits better in Bands and Musicians Community, so I've moved the thread.

As for the topic, come on now, what do you really think? If you think you can shoot a video on a mobile phone and have it look just as good as a professional job, then go ahead. Your video looks like it was made on a mobile phone.

It also looks like it was made with no proper concept for a music video, but that's not the phone's fault. And even then, there's no point shooting a bad music video with professional video equipment, it'll still be a bad music video.

If you can't get proper gear, spend your time coming up with a good idea for the video, then do it with your phone. If you get a good concept and all you want is those kinda grainy distorted clips with loads of effects, then it mightn't look half bad. But it will not look as good as a pro job, that idea is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

It's not as ridiculous a suggestion as it once was.

In the current generationof YouTube/Facebook/Instagram/iPhones, it is certainly possible to produce half decent pics & videos with little or no resources.

It might not be accepted as a professional representation, but with HD cameras going into every conceivable portable gadget and technology racing ahead it's never been easier to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

If done correctly it's not a bad concept. However as mentioned it needs some direction regardless of the media used, I think yours is lacking this. The below video from Presidents of the United States of America was filmed several years ago using just phones. It looks good I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sxejim

I think it lacks a bit of thought but it could work. You should brainstorm and make it again

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭patrickkelly90

There's a band called Vintage Trouble, they supported Bon Jovi on their last tour and they have videos on YouTube all recorded on iPhones!

• Advertisement
Advertisement