Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad manners

Options
  • 28-03-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Nice evening today-Walked into a shop and the woman in front more or less slams the door in front of me going in..Hate that..

Then followed the shop assistant putting the money down on the counter with me standing there with my hand out..wtf?

Both people in their 30s and should know better

Do you hold a door or look behind when opening it if somebody is behind you? Is this just plain ignorance and what do you think of people slamming your change down on the counter?

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Get thee to the Ranting & Raving forum!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ranting and raving is that way
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I thanked your post, there's still some good people around you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Both people in their 30s and should know better

Man babies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I thanked your post, there's still some good people around you know.

F*ck there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Are they still doin the rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Jesus says no-one will think to look under the floorboards for their decomposing bodies

AMEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Dear OP

Very nice to make your acquaintance, I'm awfully troubled to hear of your experiences of bad mannered people today, I trust you won't find any in this thread:)

Regards

Me

Now F off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I never really got how people could lack those basic manners.

Saying please and thank you
    Paying attention when someone's talking to you
    Holding a door for someone
    Saying hello/good morning/how are you etc...

Costs nothing and makes me like the person that much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

A shop assistant putting the change on the counter is highly annoying, especially if you hand it to them in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

In a land where savage means good.. What do you expect. Good etiquette may be percieved as british, thus doing the opposite n playing right into their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

That's weird nearly ever shop assistant said hello to me today and very niece to me, even said thanks very much when I left the shop! How nice of them. Great customer service! And any change they gave me back they put it in my hand not on the counter.

Maybe they just had a bad day op!? Its been lovely weather lately you'd think they cheer up...a bit weird you think they have more manners at their age.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭tonyangelino

doovdela wrote: »
    That's weird nearly ever shop assistant said hello to me today and very niece to me, even said thanks very much when I left the shop! How nice of them. Great customer service! And any change they gave me back they put it in my hand not on the counter.

Maybe they just had a bad day op!? Its been lovely weather lately you'd think they cheer up...a bit weird you think they have more manners at their age.

Maybe youre just blonde and busty!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Maybe youre just blonde and busty!

You are wrong on two counts!:p

Most of the shop assistants were girls only one was a boy.

Advertisement