Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forming a new underground Irish Goverment

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

There is actually a good documentary series running on the BeeB about "The Tube" its governed and ran very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    I think Minister for Unneccessary Capitalisation and Organlegging might suit you better.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Cork24 wrote: »
    I would Place my name down for Minister for Education and Skills:

What would i Bring to the Table,, Well First off..

I would do away with the CAO point System.. This is a lot of pressure on a students trying to make their way into 3rd Level.. most cant take it and we have seen people take their lives over not getting enough points..

To Replace this i would put in place that once you have Done a Leaving Cert you can then do a Test Within the College of your choice and the Course of your choice, the top 20 or should would get the Offer.

Those Test can be taken in your Old School Exam hall so if your applying for a Course in Dublin then you will not have to Travel to Dublin..

Second. I would do Away with FAS and fire every one in their FAS is out of Date...

I would Replace FAS with a New Name.. and offer the Training that will get people back into Jobs.

Schooling 2nd Level.. Maths and Sci is a big part of our school days and the fact that people are starting to fail and the fail Rate is at its all time high Scares me!!!

I would Look at how its being Teach in Schools and see what we could do, Send all Teachers for a Re-Test every 3 years no point having a Maths Teacher who went to College in the 60s teaching the old Style..

I would like to see second Level schools offering people who wish to go into Computers in 3rd Level offer some course in School..

I'd bring in compulsary basic english including spelling , grammar, punctuation etc. for all Boardsies! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

red sean wrote: »
    I'd bring in compulsary basic english including spelling , grammar, punctuation etc. for all Boardsies! :rolleyes:

Well i type fast and fail most of the time or couldn't be A**s to read over half the time, just an old habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Wouldn't trust him to dig the holes to get underground in the first place.

As self-proclaimed dictator, I was going to appoint you Minister for Trolling, but you blew it by closing your account.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

red sean wrote: »
    I'd bring in compulsory basic English including spelling, grammar and punctuation etc. For all Boardsies! :rolleyes:

FYP. :rolleyes:

Can I be Minister for Debauchery and General Shenanigans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Welcome to New, New York!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From Article 40 of the Constitution, emphasis added:
    6. 1° The State guarantees liberty for the exercise of the following rights, subject to public order and morality:

i. The right of the citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions.

The education of public opinion being, however, a matter of such grave import to the common good, the State shall endeavour to ensure that organs of public opinion, such as the radio, the press, the cinema, while preserving their rightful liberty of expression, including criticism of Government policy, shall not be used to undermine public order or morality or the authority of the State. The publication or utterance of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter is an offence which shall be punishable in accordance with law.

ii. The right of the citizens to assemble peaceably and without arms.

Provision may be made by law to prevent or control meetings which are determined in accordance with law to be calculated to cause a breach of the peace or to be a danger or nuisance to the general public and to prevent or control meetings in the vicinity of either House of the Oireachtas.

iii. The right of the citizens to form associations and unions.

Laws, however, may be enacted for the regulation and control in the public interest of the exercise of the foregoing right.
    Good luck with that. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Step one of creating underground movement: Post for advice on creating underground movement on the biggest Irish discussion forum on the internet.

Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

No ministers, just representatives from private companies who run all the areas presently run by ministers. All self-financing. One govt dept created to hoover up at minimum cost the resulting carnage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Ooh, that reminds me, the final episode of "The Tube" is on BBC tonight.

I never knew they made a show about you! :pac:

*thats a joke mods, please dont ban me* :o

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Kippure wrote: »
    Never let it be said the Irish dont have a sense of Humour...:D

Why capitalise humour? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform: Michael O Leary

Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation: Tom Murphy (DeVore)

They wouldn't work very well if they had to work together given DeVs noted dislike of MOL but they'd both get their own jobs done pretty well I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Darren1922

As per usual on this website not one person can comment and actually contribute to the arguement in the slightest, we're confronted with the exact same level of condescending ignorant and frankly sad posts we always get from small minded people attempting desperately to make themselves feel important by putting down everything and everyone who comes before them.

Bravo lads, I should proably now try to make fun of somebody elses grammer, or maybe make a ''funny'' joke about how the OP spelt the word Morans?? Seriously people....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Darren1922 wrote: »
    As per usual on this website not one person can comment and actually contribute to the arguement in the slightest, we're confronted with the exact same level of condescending ignorant and frankly sad posts we always get from small minded people attempting desperately to make themselves feel important by putting down everything and everyone who comes before them.

Bravo lads, I should proably now try to make fun of somebody elses grammer, or maybe make a ''funny'' joke about how the OP spelt the word Morans?? Seriously people....

Great 1st post! You may be the person to save AH from going to the dogs entirely. Warning: Many have tried, all (Thank God) have failed. Anyway I'd like to make the following ministerial nomination for the underground Govt:

Minister for Arts, Heritage & the Gaeltacht: Darren1922

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It's grammar....

and a one post wonder using the phrase "As per usual"?
    FoxT wrote: »
    Great 1st post! You may be the person to save AH from going to the dogs entirely. Warning: Many have tried, all (Thank God) have failed. Anyway I'd like to make the following ministerial nomination for the underground Govt:

Nah, I don't trust him all that much, lets make him minister for health so we can use him as a scapegoat later.

FoxT wrote: »

It's good to see there exists some level of sense on here...How would you like to be Minister for Justice?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

In true autocratic style I hereby appoint myself the Minister for The Fence.

Hands up who wants to paint it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I agree!

Far easier to sit back and mock than actually look at the merits of an idea.

Fair play OP - and I agree with your idea that there are plenty other people more qualified for Ministerial positions - that are not just in them through nepotism.

Out with the old blood and in with the new. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

I agree!

Far easier to sit back and mock than actually look at the merits of an idea.

Fair play OP - and I agree with your idea that there are plenty other people more qualified for Ministerial positions - that are not just in them through nepotism.

Out with the old blood and in with the new. :)

It would take a while to get the Old blood out. Them lads are like a varacus vein running through the country and well rooted in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

First Dail

We started with a young government, they did quite well too without any experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Taoiseach: Eamon DeValera

Tánaiste: Arthur Griffith

Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade: Count Punkett. DeValera would also be share responsability as minister of Foreign Affairs

Minister for Finance: Michael Collins

Minister for Education and Skills: To be determined

Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform: Michael Collins would also take up the these duties as well

Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation: Eoin MacNeil

Minister for Social Protection: To be determined

Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht: Sean T O'Kelly

Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources: Seán Etchingham

Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government: W.T Cosgrave

Minister for Justice: Arthur Griffith would also take this position

Minister for Defence: Cathal Brugha

Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine: Robert Barton

Minister for Children and Youth Affairs: To be determined

Minister for Health: Constance Markievicz

Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport: No need, just use push bikes for transport, tourism is not neccessary with those black and tans all around the country and sports can be organised through the GAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Kippure wrote: »
    I was just wonder how you would go about forming a new Party and then taking over from FF FG L and SF etc..

The Irish people are more qualified to be in the goverment positions FG TD,s are in.

There are many 25 plus year olds have higher diplomas, Masters and Doctorate,s in there choosen fields. All they need is experience.

The Irish people really need to band together and get rid of these Morans that have ruined this country.

We are turning into a real slave race. Ie Pay-up, do what your told and be quite etc.

Is there anything a single man or woman could do to rid ireland of these pretend elites who thing they rule us?

:)

Who would you put into these postions or you can rename these departments as you wish.

Taoiseach:

Tánaiste:

Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade:

Minister for Finance:

Minister for Education and Skills:

Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform:

Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation:

Minister for Social Protection:

Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht:

Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources:

Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government:

Minister for Justice and Equality & Minister for Defence:

Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine:

Minister for Children and Youth Affairs:

Minister for Health:

Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport:
    If you can take over from SF, then good. I wish you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I really hope i have to share an office with you someday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

No way am I taking on the Morlocs.

and the word is "moron".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Why would you go underground? It's dark down there.

but i hear the rent is cheap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i want minister for justice.... i'd bring back the gallows and stocks

Murderers, rapists, and child molestors would be hanged

Drug dealers would be made into the mules to proves shoving condoms full of drugs down their gullet is dangerous

Bankers would have to pay a stupidity tax to repay the tax payers

Asbo collectors would be placed in stocks so the rest of us can throw rotten vegatables at them

Convicted Boy racers would be restricted to peddle cars.

homeless/lazy dole spongers would be rounded up and placed in a workhouse.

i want minister for justice.... i'd bring back the gallows and stocks

Murderers, rapists, and child molestors would be hanged

Drug dealers would be made into the mules to proves shoving condoms full of drugs down their gullet is dangerous

Bankers would have to pay a stupidity tax to repay the tax payers

Asbo collectors would be placed in stocks so the rest of us can throw rotten vegatables at them

Convicted Boy racers would be restricted to peddle cars.

homeless/lazy dole spongers would be rounded up and placed in a workhouse.

You have my vote Sir! ;)

Advertisement