Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA3 problem PC

Options
  • 26-05-2002 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

Im not able to see any of the text boxes in the menu systems, or in game. Is anyone else having this problem?

Im running Winxp, with the latest Nvidia drivers for my GF3.
    Rockstar still have no patch out :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

K Sorry found the solution thanks to gta3forums.com

If you're running Windows XP & an nVIDIA based graphics card (and possibly some other brands) with GTA3:PC and experiencing problems, then don't worry! There's some important information in the 'readme' file of the CD. Here's the important snippet.

"We have found a possible problem with Windows XP that manifests itself as graphical problems both in the game menu and also

during game play. We have traced this problem to be a Windows XP problem. Technically this problem is solved by the use of a newer version of d3d8.dll than is shipped on CD with Windows XP. (The version on the Windows XP CD that has problems is 5.1.26000.0 – versions tested without error include 5.1.2600.15 and 5.1.2600.29)
    Currently the only way we know to update this dll file is to install the Windows XP Patch: "The Computer Cannot Enter Standby or Hibernate if a Direct3D-Based Screen Saver Is Running (Q306676)"
    This update may in the future be available as part of an official Windows XP Service Pack, a Windows XP Compatibility Update, or possibly a DirectX 8.1 update."

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Patch/Q306676/WXP/EN-US/Q306676_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Actually, that solution is in the read me file that comes on the game CD :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

hence the name 'readme' probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yup got that 5 mintues after installing it.
    then everything was in spanish even tho i installed it 3 times and even got my wife to see i was hitting ENGLISH.
    There is another language setting in option which i had to find using all the spanish i have learned form Dora The Explorer :)
    Kdja

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Praetorian. Ha! what a loser!

• Advertisement
Advertisement