Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ragnarok online

Options
  • 24-05-2002 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

does anyone else play this game? it is an open beta so it means that anyone can download and play the game for free (untill its finished for release that is) :)

ive been playing for quite some time and its a right change from wolfenstein, counter terrorists and middle ages. for people who think that nintendo is for little kids, you might as well stay away from this game.

the only bad thing about the game is the download size (215mb) and the sometimes laggy conditions (the game is based in south korea). otherwise, its a cute, good looking online rpg in anime style. what more do you want? :p

webpage: http://www.ragnarokonline.com/

btw. there are two servers to choose from, i play on Loki which is less laggy.

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

tried it a while back. i think i still have the client on a cd somewhere. didnt really like it. very little to do. no combat between players and the monsters really havent been balanced. those little furry thingys always kill me. when you die you ahve to go all the way back to your entry point onto a map. that aint really that bad but when it can take about 15 - 20 minutes to cross one it gets annoying. thats what i didnt like about it just little things that are annyoying because everything about a pc rpg has been dumbed down so much that it just aint rewarding enough to give time to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

no combat between players and the monsters really havent been balanced. those little furry thingys always kill me. when you die you ahve to go all the way back to your entry point onto a map.
    well, combat between players is allowed after you reach a certain level. those furry things (Lunatics) are lethal for lower classed players. you should have stuck with Porings :)

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I downloaded it(it took ages), but it was not instantly captivating(it was dull), and it was laggy as ****(it was laggy as ****). I haven't played it in a while.

Advertisement