Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping a dish from being mounted ?

Options
  • 30-05-2005 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Need some advice / guidance !

An italian friend of mine who has recently started working in Ireland has moved into a flat in a certain part of Dublin. He is renting it from a private landlord.

He installed a 80cm dish which a management company for the estate threatened legal action if he did not remove. So he is now stuck with Cablewatch <snip> !

Can the management company enforce this ?! Could they enforce the removal of a mini-dish ? I think he is trying to pull Sky Italia from Hotbird.

On a similar note I remember when I was living in Navan a few years ago a Chorus saleswoman complaining I needed planning permission for my mini-dish because I would not subscribe to Chorus..... not a good way to attract customers !! Needless to say she was swiftly rerouted !!!

rgs. baud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Do they also prohibit standard sky minidishes (60 cm)
    If not most italian programming on hotbird comes in ok on a minidish. So simply swap the dish. Another comproise could be a see-thru plastic dish, not cheap but more discreet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

This is a good explanation of the planning situation.

http://www.donegal.ie/DCC/planning/faqs/exempt/edq9.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

does your friend have a contract with his landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

He needs to check the terms of his lease carefully, which may prohibit him from mounting anything on the exterior of the building. A number of other house/apartment dwellers have run into this problem recently with Wireless broadband antennae/modems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MrLNB

id have told the B*t*h in Navan to F"#K Off. Tossers, just grabbing sales. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

you have to look into the houserules presented by the Management company, most new estates don't allow dishes to be attached to the outside of the building as it defaces them, contact management of the estate to find out exactly what the story is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

I wonder if stopping people from watching Italian TV is legal under European law ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

There's nothing to stop him watching it but he may need permssion to mount a dish on a wall he doesn't own!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

If he happens to have a south or east facing balcony he could put the dish in there on a tripod stand if no permanent fixing is allowed.

Advertisement