Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E4 Big Brother Streaming

• 27-05-2005 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Every year, E4 advertisies 24 hour Big Brither streaming. "Just press the Red button!" but Irish E4 viewers were unable to access it! We were told it would be fixed for next year but it never has been.

Does anyone know if it will be the same fiasco this year??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yeah I was wondering about this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

i still find it amazing that anyone actually watches this programme full stop !! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 senzate

Well , amazing or not, many do enjoy watching it!!! Including ME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I find it amazing that people keep asking if it will be interactive in Ireland......NO it won't, it's on a different satellite, maybe in 2008 when it goes FTA we'll get interactive. I'm just hoping i'll get it by doing the ftv card swap trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Skyuser wrote:
    it's on a different satellite

You WHAT?! :D
    Its not all that hard, just a matter of activating interactive streams behind the Irish channel version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 senzate

No offence but that is what this forum is for, asking questions?

I know it was on a dufferent satellite last year but was not sure if that was still the case it is not nice to be made to look foolish just for asking a question

Did you lot see on the DS forums, that there was a interactive frequency available to store a few weeks ago entitled '3310' and was made unavailable just like last year. Well it turns out that frequency is 24hr streaming BB WITHOUT ADS!!!!!

I'm so mad......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Skyuser wrote:
    Did you lot see on the DS forums, that there was a interactive frequency available to store a few weeks ago entitled '3310' and was made unavailable just like last year. Well it turns out that frequency is 24hr streaming BB WITHOUT ADS!!!!!

I'm so mad......

Don't be too mad. I stored it and it's not viewable with an Irish sub, and it turns out it HAS ads anyway.

Don't be too mad. I stored it and it's not viewable with an Irish sub, and it turns out it HAS ads anyway.
    Not available in Ireland, that's a relief, :p

Have to say, yez arent missing much(I have a UK sub)
    The interactive this year again is just one screen instead of the 4 available in BB 1, 2 and 3

The only exciting thing I saw today was that they were all rowing with science as he was cutting their chicken in half because he wouldnt eat anything else.
    It got nasty between him and yer man the turk.

A long and boring conversation between Mary and derek prior to that.

Thats what you miss about not having more than 1 interactive screen, youre stuck with what they want to give you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

they really must hate irish viewers, but its a godsend anyways because mabye they think were all normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭callumk

I'd love a nothern irish sub, how could I get one of those (i don't know anyone up there) maybe if I tell sky, why have I not got utv and channel4 because I am in n.ireland, they will go 'ok' and send me a NI card....lmao

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I doubt that very much, unless you say you're moving to NI. Of course, you'll then need a NI address and postcode etc...

Wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Charles is it definitely not available with an Irish sub card?.
    Does it come up with "This programme is not available".
    Is the feed viewable with an FTV card?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Yes the BB live streaming channel 3310 is available with a UK FTV card.
    Although you are not missing much !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

TVDX wrote:
    Charles is it definitely not available with an Irish sub card?.
    Does it come up with "This programme is not available".
    Is the feed viewable with an FTV card?.

Yep, just checked and that's exactly what it says with an Irish card. I had it stored from a few weeks ago.

Last year the feed was viewable, but this year it's encrypted in the same way as Channel 4.

When did the 7521 become available again, was it when BB finished or before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

7521 is only a test card now. The new feed was called 3310, but they even removed the label now. Apparently it was available for a period of about 8 days back in mid april.

Advertisement