Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Empty Promises

Options
  • 14-08-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,
    First of all i sorry for my bad English...
    I also want to tell my story about eircom....Eircom its like bad word in my mind....
    I living in Newcastle West (Co. Limerick). 8 months ago eircom agent came on the door, at that moment i was with Vodafone (dsl),
    so i was not happy about internet speed what i have and also disconnect witch i get, i kinda ordering 24Mb and getting max 2-3Mb,
    i understand that my copper line is bad quality.....anyways...that eircom agent said that to newcastle west is coming efibre in 2 weeks....
    So i was happy at that time, so i moved to eircom waiting for that efibre, so after month nothing changed, i checked efibre map on eirccom website, it was saying thatt efibre will be available in next 2 months....after 2 months again date changed after 2 months....so it passed around 8 months about now...oh and 2 months ago i got sms from eircom that efibre available in our area...and then next sms in 10 mins was, sorry last message was send to you by mistake...:)....so 2 weeks ago i checked eircom web site again, it was saying that efibre is available, so i ordered it on internet, got confirmation sms that we will contact you in few coming days about our appointment, so after 1 week or more i called them on 1901 and asked to give status of my order, they answered we can't find your order......do you want to order it again? lol....
    Ok I ordered it by phone, i was thinking maybe this time will be everything perfect, sure with eircom, that will never be :) I got appointment for next week, so i was looking forward.And it started again, on appointment day technician came late 1 hour, also he asked did you received modem, hmm i was thinking what modem ? :) ...ok he said maybe we will find one for you....but then he called to eircom because he need to reconnect my phone line cable in communications cabinet and he don't see cabinet number on my order, after he talked to eircom he said that eircom do not know that number, so he can't do anything and he left....so i called eircom again try to figure out whats happening next...they said in few days we will try to figure out something for you.....

So what i want to say people never trust eircom, they can promise a lot, but they care just get your money for bill pay and do nothing....

Anyone having similar story to tell ? or i just me not lucky ?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Your English is fine dzelionis, I just moved your post to a new thread.

Good advice, there! As a rule I never order anything at all from a door-to-door sales person, no matter how attractive the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

cgarvey wrote: »
    Your English is fine dzelionis, I just moved your post to a new thread.

Good advice, there! As a rule I never order anything at all from a door-to-door sales person, no matter how attractive the offer.

or get the door-to-door guy to write it down...and then watch 'em run away

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dzelionis

bealtine wrote: »
    or get the door-to-door guy to write it down...and then watch 'em run away

Good point, man, will have to try next time ;)

Advertisement