Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thunderbird Question

Options
  • 13-09-2008 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

So I set up a gmail account abcd@gmail.com in Thunderbird.

I was beginning to get some spam there, so started using abce@gmail.com

I wanted just to amend the account so all the new abce mail would come into same folder as abcd

When I go to account settings > server settings, I changed username to abce.

However this seems only to have changed the incoming server settings. So when I send a mail it's still from abcd@gmail.com.

I cannot figure out how to get outgoing mail coming from abce@gmail.com without creating a whole new account. It's just I had folders and stuff set up and thought it would be very easy just to change the server setting

Any help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

tools
    account settings
    outgoing server (SMTP) - under your email accounts list on the left at the bottom

Then change the user/pass for your outgoing server to your new account or add a new one and then change the outgoing server in your email account using the dropdown box.

Advertisement