Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning the screen ?

• 01-09-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what folks are using to clean their screens?

Have an iMac & macbook & both have fingerprints & other marks on them. Tried to keep away from window cleaner etc, but not much luck getting the skin grease off & otherwise goes streaky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I use a damp (not wet) cloth. Do not use chemicals. The trick is to do it regularly so as there isn't a huge buildup of dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Use a lint cloth used for glasses/sun glasses or micro fibre cloth.

Use little warm water if needed, I have used small amount of window cleaner done the job and no damage but if afraid do above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I've always used a light spray of window cleaner - never had any trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

mike_ie wrote: »
    I've always used a light spray of window cleaner - never had any trouble.

I do this too but NEVER directly on to the screen. A quick squirt onto a fine cloth and wipe the screen down. The iMac has a glass screen afaik so not the same danger of damage as there is on the MacBook.

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Use a specs cleaner and cloth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I picked up this stuff called Muc-off from Amazon. Comes with spray and a large anti static cloth, pretty good for cleaning and gets rid of all marks and finger prints. Best cleaning solution I've used so far, I wouldn't recommend window cleaner but I've never tried it on anything like that before.

Advertisement