Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP4 sound?

• 11-09-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello
    I have a movie on my pc and when I play it through Roxio home creator it has no sound. I want to put it on a DVD so I can play it on my PS3. Its an MP4 type file. The DVD I have is 16x DVD-R. When I put it on the DVD will there be sound? Please help:o
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sounds like your missing a codec for the audio. have you tried playing it in another player such as vlc or media player classic, there are also programs such as gspot that will help you determin what codec is missing.

Also if your not sure if it will work on the ps3 you could use a rewritable disc perhaps if one is available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

calex71 wrote: »
    sounds like your missing a codec for the audio.

calex71 is spot-on. Roxio does have problems playing some mp4 files. This is well known.
    Follow her advice and download the free K-lite codec pack available across the net and your problem is sorted easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

sounds like your missing a codec for the audio. have you tried playing it in another player such as vlc or media player classic, there are also programs such as gspot that will help you determin what codec is missing.

Also if your not sure if it will work on the ps3 you could use a rewritable disc perhaps if one is available.
    The sound works on windows media player. Maybe if its put on the DVD disk it might work on the ps3 since that runs MP4 format?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dont have a ps3 but I know the xbox 360 can play video from usb sticks so maybe you cound try that b4 wasting a cd.

@Biggins i assume by "her" you ment "he" there :D

Edit : sorry Plug my brain has just kicked into gear here, are you planning on just coping the mp4 file on to a disk or do you actually mean oyur going to convert it to a standard dvd format??????

dont have a ps3 but I know the xbox 360 can play video from usb sticks so maybe you cound try that b4 wasting a cd.

Edit : sorry Plug my brain has just kicked into gear here, are you planning on just coping the mp4 file on to a disk or do you actually mean oyur going to convert it to a standard dvd format??????
    I have 25 DVDs they only cost me €13 so what the heck:D
    I hope the hell I get the awl' operation up and running. This is going to be a cold winter boy!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LOL I actually meant "the" LOL
    Silly me. Sorry Calex, You still rock. ;)

I have it on my computer in MP4 format and I just want to burn it onto a DVD-R.
    I don't really understand computer stuff:(
    Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 strjms72

Just burn it as it is onto the dvd, because other players such as the one on ps3, being in an mp4 format will play the sound too

Advertisement