Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Time - Spot the dish!

Options
  • 29-05-2005 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

Morocco.jpg

(Courtesy of satlex.de)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Looks like the updated version of a 1960's terraced street in the north of England. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Which dish, theirs like a bazillion of them there. Is there a prize ? :D

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

And if you live by the sea!!!

Rusty_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sweet mother of god

whats their local terrestrial tv like? must be something horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Must be in Turkey, where everyone has a dish, even the mud huts and shacks!

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    Must be in Turkey, where everyone has a dish, even the mud huts and shacks!

It looks more like Morocco!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Tallaght? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Must be in Turkey, where everyone has a dish, even the mud huts and shacks
    Especially in the Kurdish/Amenian/Greek areas since until recently Turkey didnt allow any languages other than Turkish on TV (or almost anywhere for that matter) Although to qualify for EU membership they now permit a token 20 minutes per week apparently

Its good old Morocco!!!
    If you try and save the pic its labelled Morocco.

Like other lands even the poorest of the poor and I mean poor have sat TV and most have a turnable system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

even the poorest of the poor and I mean poor have sat TV and most have a turnable system.

The gear (especially the installation of it) is a lot cheaper in most of these places

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Greenman you beat me to it. Dunno if anyone seen it but there was a property programme on BBC2 yesterday evening about buying houses in Morocco, and there was one scene where the cameras panned over the same area as above, with the mega amounts of dishes.

Anyway, OT, houses can be rather cheap, with one mentioned at UK£7,000 and an extra £10,000 to do it up properly! That's €30,000 or thereabouts for a house in Morocco done up to standard. :) Dunno if the extra £10k work includes installation of a obligitory satellite dish! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

used to have a 2mtr motorised dish on a home made angle iron platform which was bolted to the back wall of my house, the poor old lady next door used to be teriffied to hang her washing out for fear it would blow down on top of her,
    she told me that it was not safe because " it keeps moving around all the time making a loud noise" :D:D

Advertisement