Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Viewing Card - Switching between Systems

Options
  • 29-05-2005 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

I have Sky Digital w/ Sports. My mate doesn't. Want to watch the Lions game in his on Sat morning - if I put my viewing card in his system - will it work? and will it show my subscribed channels? e.g Sports?

Thanks in advance

Comments

It will only show family pack channels minus RTE and wont show premium channels like sports or movies, it will say wrong card.

The only way to do what you want is to bring your box and card with you and swap those ie disconnect his and connect yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Or you could call sky and say your having your box repaired and have a temp box at the moment give them the number off the box and they will have it live within minutes, I have done it before works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Thanks guys. Might go for option 2 as option 1 will leave other rugby fans in the household unhappy.

irish1 wrote:
    Or you could call sky and say your having your box repaired and have a temp box at the moment give them the number off the box and they will have it live within minutes, I have done it before works fine.
    If you do what irish1 suggests your card in your own box will stop working, depriving them of the rugby also.

I would have suggested swapping subs only from the thread starters post, it seems the house you are going to does not have a sports sub obviously or you wouldnt want to be bringing your sub with you.
    So if you swap subs your home will still be without the rugby unless the other house upgrades.

So no way out really if you dont want to lose the rugby in one of the houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭intersplat

If both boxes have subs married to them then it's not possible to marry say card 2 to box 1 . Nothing shows up on the sky system but the activation won't take place as box 1 already has a card married to it .

• Advertisement
Advertisement