Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail reservation - help please!

Options
  • 21-09-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

sorry for posting so late, I have a seat reserved on the train from Sligo to Connolly in the morning and back in the evening. when I was booking it I only reserved a seat I didn't pay for the ticket. now im wondering if ill be able to pick up the ticket in the morning at the train station.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

cossi wrote: »
    sorry for posting so late, I have a seat reserved on the train from Sligo to Connolly in the morning and back in the evening. when I was booking it I only reserved a seat I didn't pay for the ticket. now im wondering if ill be able to pick up the ticket in the morning at the train station.

Did you use the Irish Rail website?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cossi

yes I did.

yes I did.

Try logging back into your account and checking what you've done.

I book tickets online a lot I've never managed to reserve a seat without actually paying for it.
    You can collect at stations ( you nominate a station for collections) using your reference number which is supplied in an email once the transaction is complete.

yes I received a reservation number. I just reserved two seats on the train which cost 14 euro but I didn't pay for the actual tickets.

yes I received a reservation number. I just reserved two seats on the train which cost 14 euro but I didn't pay for the actual tickets.

I've just been on their site. ..I have no idea how you managed to reserve seats for that price to begin with, never mind not actually pay for them.

• Advertisement

when I went online I just reserved two seats and chose to pay for the tickets at the station could this be right. the amount I payed was 14 euro for two reserved seats return.

when I went online I just reserved two seats and chose to pay for the tickets at the station could this be right. the amount I payed was 14 euro for two reserved seats return.

I cannot find how you managed that, but the website says that only those with prebooked tickets will be allowed board trains.
    You don't have a ticket just a seat reservation.

so will I not be able board the train even tough I have reserved two seats.

so will I not be able board the train even tough I have reserved two seats.

You haven't paid for them though and a lot of the trains will be full. You'll want to get there early to buy tickets to go along with those reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

It's simple

Collect from ticket machine go to booking office purchase normal ticket. Show your reservation and you will be issued a ticket as normal paying the full fare

Guessing you are traveling on a free ravel pass? 08:25 special from Sligo is not in the normal timetable so you may have to pay full fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've just been on their site. ..I have no idea how you managed to reserve seats for that price to begin with, never mind not actually pay for them.
    €3 reservation fee for 2 people, return + 2 booking fee.

Victor wrote: »
    €3 reservation fee for 2 people, return + 2 booking fee.

Thanks Victor. It doesn't seem to allow me reserve anything without a train ticket picked when I was online.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thanks Victor. It doesn't seem to allow me reserve anything without a train ticket picked when I was online.

Reservations-only becomes an option once you select a train.

Advertisement