Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train from Dundalk to Carlow?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hello, I am a bit confused about this, I just need to know how much a train ticket from Dundalk to Carlow Town would be on a student card? Also I know there is no direct route, that I would need to go as far as Connolly, take a Luas on to Heuston Station, and go on from there, but would the ticket price be included in all that, especially if I say to include the Luas transport on my train ticket too?
    It's just that I looked up the fares on Irish Rail, but I am not sure if they are right since they are the online fares. :( Need advice ASAP as I am hoping to get the train 2moro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Looks to me like it's €18.40. That seems awfully cheap. Is the student discount really ~€30 off? It's €47 for an adult fare.

Fairly sure this includes the Luas price as well, the same ticket should do you.

qeOagqj.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Looks to me like it's €18.40. That seems awfully cheap. Is the student discount really ~€30 off? It's €47 for an adult fare.

Fairly sure this includes the Luas price as well, the same ticket should do you.

qeOagqj.png

That prices sounds good to me! :) Where about on the site did you find that page? Been looking everywhere but can't find the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

On the front page, put in the journey details, then on the results screen selected the journey I wanted, then changed the drop downs to select a Student fare(it defaults to 1 adult, I admit it's kind of confusing how you select other types of tickets). Then just hit the Buy Ticket button and got the screen in my original post.

http://i.imgur.com/eNiwh3a.png

I should point out I've never actually bought a ticket or made a journey like this before, so I might be totally wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

That's the single fare - the return student fare is €24.20.

It does include the LUAS transfer from Connolly to Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭metrovick001

Thats very good value, I dont think you could compete with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭davidlacey

Now all we need is the pheonix park tunnel open to passenger traffic for a more direct route

• Registered Users Posts: 78,283 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Train & Rail Systems.

Advertisement