Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the game you'll always remember?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

stovelid wrote: »
    Remmebr playing that Star Wars arcade game (that you sat in and it had hand controls) where all the graphics were Tron-like lattices where the AbbeyMall/Epicurean Food place is now.

I used to love that game in the arcades, shooting Darth Vader's Tie Fighter to complete the level :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

1.Golden Axe
    2.Gods (brilliant!!!)
    3.Dungeon Keeper
    4.Carmageddon

Still love all the old school stuff, no amount of better graphics can change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

The last ninja. I remember being blown away by the graphics
    NinjaRemix-Amiga_Wilderness.png

also midnight resistance (but it was only possible with the infinite lives cheat)

weedhead wrote: »
    1.Golden Axe
    2.Gods (brilliant!!!)
    3.Dungeon Keeper
    4.Carmageddon

Still love all the old school stuff, no amount of better graphics can change that.

Used to love Golden Axe and Double Dragon in the arcades, nothing better in DD than catching some fella by the hair and kneeing him straight in the face....repeatedly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

The first game I ever played was Friday the 13th on the Attari, it was my uncles and he never let me have a go but would scare me with the cover (a hockey mask with blood streaming out the eyes), when he finally gave in and let me play I realised the cover was much scarier than the game itself. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    I was addicted to Doom when it came out, cracking monster game.

Have to also go with this one! along with Hexen and Heretic, these are the games that got me totally hooked into PC gaming!
    Thanks Alexa5x5 for the rmeinder, now have to get them out again and see how I can get them going again on Windows 7.

Thanks for the great thread! Just thought I would update with this link. Cant wait for the weekend and give this a go!
    http://dosgamers.reijkman.nl/dos-games/doom-heretic-hexen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord on the Apple II.

Epic stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizardry:_Proving_Grounds_of_the_Mad_Overlord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Worms....

the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

+1 for Super Mario Bros. 3

First proper game I owned, so I remember first playing it and being completely useless at it, could barely jump over holes and make it past the first piranha plant.
    To go from there to finally beating it, at 2am on a Saturday morning how many years later, felt brilliant.

The great thing is I'm not just being nostalgic. I played it again fairly recently and it's still brilliantly playable, tough and full of secrets.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get round to challenge myself by going straight to the final world from world 1 using the warp whistles and beat it that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The last ninja. I remember being blown away by the graphics
    NinjaRemix-Amiga_Wilderness.png

Last Ninja for me too.

Other mentions for

Terminator 2
    Jurassic Park on the SNES
    And some arcade football game I can't remember to name of which allowed you to completely hack the team you were playing against as well as the ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Blitz on the VIC20...

7574.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

Sonic 1 & 2, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe.
    We didn't have an SNES in our house but I loved Super Mario World as well. We would play for hours, willing each other to die then getting into a rage when the console overheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

James Pond anyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Pac Man,Centipede and Stampede on Atari 2600. Rambo,1942 and Platoon on C64.Dr Mario,Tetris and World Cup on Game Boy. F-Zero,Mario Allstars,NBA Jam,FIFA International Soccer and Killer Instinct on SNES. Wipeout,Criticom,Cyberia.Agile Warrior,Destruction Derby,F1 and GTA on PS1,GTA San Andreas,Urban Chaos,Smugglers Run,The Warriors,GTA 3,GTA Vice City and Scarface on PS2.GTA 4, Forza,Pro Evolution and Dj Hero on Xbox 360

The Last Ninja was brilliant, only bad bit is where you had to go into the Park Toilets to fight some guy and you couldn't see what was happening....for all you knew George Michael could have been in there jizzing all over you :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Altered Beast was atrocious! Has to be Alex Kidd for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Adamantium wrote: »
    Worms....

the game

Thank God you clarified it was the game because worms are something you want to forget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

So ADDICTIVE!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sonic, Streets Of Rage, Street Fighter 2, GTA3 and Vice City. Out of all though Vice City would still be my favorite, everything about that game, fantastic memories :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Legend of Zelda on the n64. Some of the best games ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

I'm trying to remember a pirate pc game. It mainly involved controlling ships. It had the distinct line ''A message from the governor has just arrived'', which was said a couple of times throughout the game. You started off with one port and one ship and you could capture pirate ships or merchant ships. It'd be great if I could get the name of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Anyone remember North & South (hope this clip is right)

Or the ultimate car game, Supercars II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

centipede for the atari 2600,they spared no expense with the commercials aswell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

Auvers wrote: »

Thats it! Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

spent a fortune on this when i was a kid.downloaded it a while ago and its still near impossible to finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Tekkan on the PS1. Good times as a ten year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

TETRIS!!!

Ultimate Gameboy Game and what music
    dum dum-dum dum do dum dum-dum do di dum dum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Donkey Kong

Advertisement