Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work in Melbourne

Options
  • 17-08-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I put up a similar post when i was Sydney and boards kindly put up some places that i could call or look into which eventually landed me a job.

I thought id do the same for Melbourne and hit the ground running. Im willing to do any type of work and would be very grateful if anyone has numbers or places that might be looking for staff.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Brois

Hi Fol20,
    In a similar situation myself at the moment in Melbourne. Not much happening at this time of year, but if you're willing to do anything there are plenty of odd jobs knocking around on gumtree. Lots of bar and barista work around.
    All really depends on what kind of work you're looking for and what your experience is?

Hey Brois,

I graduated and worked in IT. I also have retail experience, and in Sydney i worked in a labourer position. Im willing to do anything bar sales tbh. I have a casual position as a kitchenhand/dishwasher at the moment, but its only a few hours on the weekend when the restaurant gets busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Brois

Hi Fol20,

Any luck finding something in Melbourne?

Hey Brois,

Yea i did, ill pm you just in case your still looking for work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

hey guys

arriving in melbourne mid october be looking for customer service admin work !
    suppose the CBD would be the best place to hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

just sent you all a PM with a contact of a guy that hooked me up. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Could you pm me? I'm arriving in two weeks and would be keen to get a job ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShinB13

Hi could you also send it on to me? Heading to Melbourne in the next few weeks! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

ah look what i started

• Advertisement
Advertisement