Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DR Neon strings

Options
  • 11-10-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, has anyone used these and if so are they any good, i.e. do they sound good, last long, not break easily etc, or are they just a gimmick?
    http://www.drstrings.com/#!neon/chts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Not really sure how their guitar counterparts fare, but I used these on a bass a couple of years ago.
    They look great and the coating is pretty tough (it eventually flakes off, but I'm a pretty heavy player so I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did).
    Tone-wise though, they sounded a bit dull tbh. Could never get a satisfactory tone without drastically changing EQ settings. The pickups in that bass weren't great to begin with, but still certainly sounded better with uncoated strings.

Conclusion - Meh. They will get attention though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

thanks maybe I'll give them a shot at some stage in the future. . . Halloween is coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I found them to be severely lacking in mids on bass. A set of really cheap rounds did a better job. They'd be fine for a video or photo shoot. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

They're pretty fun and lasted longer than I expected. Not particularly bright but a bit of fun all the same

Advertisement