Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murder in the First [TNT - Spoilers]

• 09-06-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,574 ✭✭✭✭

New crime drama from Steven Bochco starts tonight

Murder in the First uses a similar formula to Murder One, the ABC show Bochco created in 1995. The 10-episode first season is divided into three acts chronicling the entire legal process, staring with the crime and initial investigation, continuing with the trial, and ending with the verdict and its aftermath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭squonk

Is this not just another Law & Order? I haven't ever watched L&O but the setup sounds pretty much identical.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

squonk wrote: »
    Is this not just another Law & Order? I haven't ever watched L&O but the setup sounds pretty much identical.
    Well L&O wraps up in one episode so it's somewhat the same stretched over ten episodes instead. If it's like 'Murder One' then it will be far more detailed as they'll have time to spend on each area and the particulars whereas L&O glosses over it.

I didn't realise it was one case spread over 10 episodes. I thought it was a procedural. Sounds good actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Will have to check this out as loved Murder One when it aired.........19 yrs ago!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Looks interesting, might check this one out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really enjoyed this... the characters are a bit more complex than the usual cookie cutter types you get with these kinds of shows, and the setup is a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Is this on Sky? Sounds really good.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this... the characters are a bit more complex than the usual cookie cutter types you get with these kinds of shows, and the setup is a good one.

It started last week in the States. I'm sure it will appear eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,902 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two episodes in and I am really enjoying this.

A great cast some some good writing is always a good mix.

Steven Bochco knows how to do these shows and he is on form with this one so far.

Loved the latest episode, from the wordless verdict (just seeing reactions) to that cracking final scene....

The last 2 episodes could go in any direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Loved the latest episode, from the wordless verdict (just seeing reactions) to that cracking final scene....

The last 2 episodes could go in any direction.

Great episode, really peaked the interest to a show that was fizzling out for me. Terrific last scene.

I thought it picked up over the last few episodes. It meandered a bit for me early on but it's crackingly good now. I presume they can go for a retrial if they can dig up more evidence can they? Reckon the pilot may be the link here. Will be interesting to see!

Blunt mentioned the
    double jeopardy rule ("one bite at the cherry") - I don't think they can get him for the murder.

Looking forward to the finale next now.

This is a nice little summer show I do hope it gets picked up for another season.

The Harry Potter guy really is a stand out for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I gave up on this after 5 episodes.

Good: Cast and characters, mystery's alright.

Bad: Why do I care? Lack of atmosphere and energy. Little new to add to this genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I gave up on this after 5 episodes.

Good: Cast and characters, mystery's alright.

Bad: Why do I care? Lack of atmosphere and energy. Little new to add to this genre.

The last few episodes have been decent, but id say it wont be seeing any more airtime after next monday.

Decent finale, but I think they way they got him was a bit contrived.

I think the final scene was inevitable, one way or another....

Nice summer show. Hopefully there will be a new case next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

. Hopefully there will be a new case next year.

I'm happy to say there will!!!

Yep, announced in September. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

A super opening episode to season 2.

Yeah agreed. The first 25 minutes or so were gripping stuff. Looks like it will be very different to the first season, which is great to see.

Another top notch episode very tense and this really is turning into a great storyline.

Yeah loved the standoff - very picturesque. :o

I guess the focus now turns to the court case for the guy in custody.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I ditched this last year, but thought 2.01 was a strong opener.

Liked the bit in the tunnels as well. Even with the bridge scene it feels like Kathleen Robertson is underused. Found the same last week.

The season just got a lot more interesting with second and story lines going on now.

• Advertisement

Good third episode. Hope the legal side is more interesting. Couldn't be arsed with James Cromwell last year.

Yer wan Raffi seems part modelled on Ziva from NCIS.

Still enjoying it - the legal side, street stuff and current investigation. Not sure how the lawyer wan is going to play things as she's coming across as a bit of a bleeding heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yer wan Raffi seems part modelled on Ziva from NCIS.

She looks a lot like Michelle Keegan.
    Not sure how the lawyer wan is going to play things as she's coming across as a bit of a bleeding heart.

Haven't made my mind up on her yet. I was quite surprised with the guilty plea. There has to be some twist to that.

I've been thinking since the first episode there might be a puppet master behind the shooters someone who brainwashed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I've been thinking since the first episode there might be a puppet master behind the shooters someone who brainwashed them.

Probably Marilyn Manson ha ha!

• Advertisement

She looks a lot like Michelle Keegan.

The Israeli connection that was mentioned, and her physical toughness, made me think of Ziva, and well, yeah, this one is attractive, also.

She reminds in looks wise of Paula Garces from The Shield.

And the guy who got the ride is reminding me of Dutch from that show.

This is getting very good.

The mass murder is becoming a secondary storyline by the looks of it now.

How does it work if someone pleads guilty re a jury trial? Is it as depicted or was that dramatic license?

• Advertisement

This is hardly going to be wrapped up in the finale...

The Union story line looks like with will run into the next season if it gets renewed.

Ah, a secret lift meeting. They've been watching NCIS. :P

That prosecutor dope would want to cop on and start looking after his family.

Total cliffhangers all over the place in the finale.

Really hope it gets renewed now.

Cheers Mr E I need a new tv guide App by the looks of it.

It has the show as 10 episodes with last night being the finale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Season 2 is all over the shop. Pick a story and stick with it. Couldn't give a toss about this court case.

I thought the closing statements were standard fare for this sort of of thing. Not all that interesting.

I do hope they push forward with the Union storyline, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The trial is getting a bit meh. I want more rafi time!

Nice twist there with The Union even thought I should have seen it coming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement