Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Galway FC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJpedro

I missed the opening goal , it was great to see it on Galway Boards , also it was great to see Michael D Higgins there, He is a great president , so friendly to everyone at the match .

Note: Does anyone know when will the draw take place for next round of the cup and when will it take place .
    Note to all the players: enjoy the break, ye deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

JJpedro wrote: »
    Note: Does anyone know when will the draw take place for next round of the cup and when will it take place .
    The end of July apparently.

BrEdlyXIEAACVvy.png:large

Huge game at Eamonn Deacy Park tomorrow, it's unbelievably tight at the top of the Division. A win for Galway/Longford and Shels drawing against Wexford (which is a real possibility) will mean we have new League leaders. Which is a bit mad, because I think Shelbourne were 10 points ahead at one stage.

The crowd was very disappointing against Wexford but I guess that's understandable because of the Holland-Spain game, no World Cup games tomorrow so there should at least be over 1000 at the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

Definitely the poorest performance I've seen yet from Galway FC. In particular the left full back was terrible ( M Ludden) not just for the first goal, he had been turned inside out on a good few occasions before that.

A frustrating evening back after the break, but Galway are still capable of pushing for a play off spot I think.

Bv1OHAlCQAAtw5p.png:large

Six League games remaining....great win away to Longford Town the week before last. Was a good start to the final series of games but we need to push on against Waterford United tomorrow. Every game has added significance now. Wexford are just a point behind us in the table.

I'm pretty confident after good performances against Longford and Dundalk. Waterford are out of form at the moment. Think we'll win 3-0. Hopefully on front of a decent crowd.

Last League game of the season this afternoon against Wexford Youths at Eamonn Deacy Park. If we win then that will be 6 wins and 1 draw from our last 7 League games. Great form. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going into the playoffs against Shelbourne.

Kick off is at 3pm at Eamonn Deacy Park today.
    1656280_1531416397093731_8342366252537444755_n.png?oh=a448ef909031721e843de19760246eab&oe=54F58352&__gda__=1421107163_259e294fc92a8331f05ffd79cf87e05d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thread title change for next season!
    STATEMENT FROM GALWAY FC
    Hot on the heels of the success of Galway FC making the promotion playoffs comes further good news for all supporters.
    The Galway FC Board of Directors are delighted to confirm that from next season the club will be competing in the SSE Airtricity League under the name Galway United Football Club. The club’s licence application for 2015, to be submitted to the FAI next month, will be made under the name Galway United Football Club.
    The Board recognises the importance of restoring and building upon the rich tradition and heritage of Galway United in the hearts and minds of both the footballing and wider community in Galway as well as further afield and looks forward in coming years to replicating the on-field success of this season’s campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Great news getting the GUFC brand back again : )

On another note, I can't remember the last time I saw so many good goals in a game, all 4 strikes today were brilliant.

Bring on Shels on Friday.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Season Tickets aren't valid for Friday's game too.

No matter though, I'll get a few quid to get in somewhere...sell my body or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Col200sx wrote: »
    Great news getting the GUFC brand back again : )

On another note, I can't remember the last time I saw so many good goals in a game, all 4 strikes today were brilliant.

Bring on Shels on Friday.....

Do you post up vids of your games anywhere?

oldyouth wrote: »
    Do you post up vids of your games anywhere?

No I don't, but Vincent O'Connor (99% sure that's his name) videos the game and it usually appears on the GFC website and FB page.

Honestly, all 4 strikes today were brilliant, worthy of winning any match.

The first two, one for either side were very similar, top corner from outside the box.

Then GFC's goal to go 2-1 up was a brilliant run and finish in the bottom corner from Keegan.

Another top corner shot from outside the box made it 2-2. Keepers had no chance with each one.

Check out the goals if you can, definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Weather looking like it will take a turn for the worst for the game. Apparently they are expecting up to 300 Shels fans. Hope we get the a good home crowd to turn out!

Training tonight was cancelled so I can make the game now. Delighted! Weather is atrocious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Well that was worth the pneumonia I'll have tomorrow. These lads are making some progress. Obviously only one game played but hats off to all involved in the club. Delighted for ye tonight.

That's the most passionate performance I've seen up in EDP this season.

Every one of them out their gave it everything.

Only one team deserves a crack at Athlone or UCD on that evidence.

And fair play to everybody that made the effort in that weather, I believe 1750 was mentioned.

Cracking result, buzzing : )

Fantastic result! Could have been a lot more for Galway to be honest. We must have the most amount of left footed players in a starting 11 in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Would be great to see Galway United back in the Premier Division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sooo....do we post here or create a whole new thread for the Famous G.U.F.C?!
    Might toddle along tonight, see how she's looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Panthro wrote: »
    Sooo....do we post here or create a whole new thread for the Famous G.U.F.C?!
    Might toddle along tonight, see how she's looking.

New thread. It's time for us all to forget that Galway FC ever happened.

C'mon United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

Won't feel so odd now shouting UNITED this evening!!! Come on.....