Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Popplewell wants you to do a survey on Rugby Tribalism

Options
  • 20-12-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

Legendary Leinster, Ireland and Lions prop Nick Popplewell wants you to do a survey. Read below:

HELP OUT LEINSTER LEGEND NICK POPPLEWELL
    Nick Popplewell here.
    As a brief introduction I’m an ex- Leinster player and captain (in the good old days when unfortunately we weren’t quite as successful as your present team).
    I’ve gone back to college to do a Master’s and am currently doing a thesis.
    My topic is tribalism in rugby.
    The research will examine what drives the sports fan, a central issue to the success of the club. It seeks to explore what clubs can do to increase this bond with their fans and also fans with each other.
    As a Leinster “has been” I am thrilled to see the increased level of support over the past number of years.
    My reason for annoying you is to see if you would be willing to fill out the attached survey on the link below and return it to me.
    You’d be making an old prop very happy.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VXQ87W8?utm_source=mdm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TEAM+NEWSERC+DATESCONNACHT+TICKETS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Really interesting, thanks for posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

It's a bit bloody long tbf, but, given as its the man himself I think it deserves a bit of our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Just did it, very repetitive in parts but interesting nonetheless. Liked the question about superstitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Would be interesting to see the results, seems to be a few questions in there subtly asking about 'bandwagon' fans

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Those masters surveys are always meant to repeat to make sure people answer consistently. If people don't answer consistently their results are disregarded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Moved to Surveys and non-media research forum.

@Mods, please feel free to move back to Rugby if you don't think it fits here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Support of my team is more important to me than my support of the national team

be interesting to see some of the results of this survey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Interesting survey. If someone knows him, maybe mention section 7 says "strongly disagree" where it should say "strongly agree".

Can't believe Nick Popplewell had to let people know who he is. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

I noticed there is a typo in one of the sections. Strongly disagree is in twice instead of strongly agree and strongly disagree. I can't get back into it to see exactly where it was- just for info.

Ok, spotted by Jackass above - section 7.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement