Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to fix this lighter painting spot?

• 28-07-2014 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have just painted a wall in the spare bedroom. I used a some testers first and one of them was Dulux Easy Care Ivory White.

I've since done two coats of a grey Dulux Soft Sheen and there is a visable lighter patch exactly over where I tested the Ivory White. It's more visible in the morning than the evenings (due to the amount of light the room gets I guess) - in the evening I coudn't even tell it was there. However the spot is in a position that you see as soon as you open the door and it's not in a place that is going to be hidden by the bed, lockers or art.

So is there anything I can do? Sand it back and repaint? Another coat?

Sorry if the pic is hard to tell - its difficult getting a photo of an all grey wall, but the lighter patch is almost in the centre of the photo. It looks worse in real life.

DSCN2673_zpsaaba88f4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Soft sheen and silks flash very easily.The sheen is drying faster over the parts that doesn't have the washable matt on it.
    Normally i would touch up that area first and then put another coat on.
    It still might flash though so maybe try sand the washable off first and touch up a couple of times before you coat the full wall.

Advertisement