Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Donnelly, Shane Ross, Constantin Gurdgiev public meeting live streaming

• 18-04-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

There's a public meeting on the treaty referendum in Bray on Fri 20th April at 7.30. is not a Vote Yes or Vote No rally but a chance for some lively debate and Q&A. The event will be streamed on stephendonnelly.ie via twitter [EMAIL="twitter@donnellystephen"]@donnellystephen[/EMAIL] or facebook Donnelly for Wicklow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Shane Ross has called this treaty a sacrificing of Irish independence (in the Dail) and demands a quid pro quo from Europe for its ratification.

Stephen Donnelly has called it 'writing Keynesianism out of the constitution' (on radio, with Mary Wilson).

Constantin Gurdgiev has a new book in the shops on an Irish default (anyone read it yet?) and has also been given to hyperbole in the past.

So while this is a debate well worth listening to, perhaps it might be worth remembering that at least two of these guys, while they support the fiscal treaty, have been given to somewhat inaccurate or emotive statements on its consequences.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So, firstly there is a webcast of Stephen Donnelly, Constantine Gurdgiev and Shane Ross talking about the fiscal treaty.

they'll be taking questions from Twitter (and I'm going to see if they will take questions from here)

But they asked me if this was a first. ie: a TD organising a discussion of a topic of the day and webstreaming it with questions from the net, in Ireland.

I think it is, but can anyone tell me for sure?? What else has there been like it?

The link for the live event is: http://www.stephendonnelly.ie/live/ and it starts at 7.30pm tomorrow (Friday 20th).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

DeVore wrote: »
    So, firstly there is a webcast of Stephen Donnelly, Constantine Gurdgiev and Shane Ross talking about the fiscal treaty.

they'll be taking questions from Twitter (and I'm going to see if they will take questions from here)

But they asked me if this was a first. ie: a TD organising a discussion of a topic of the day and webstreaming it with questions from the net, in Ireland.

I think it is, but can anyone tell me for sure?? What else has there been like it?

The link for the live event is: http://www.stephendonnelly.ie/live/ and it starts at 7.30pm tomorrow (Friday 20th).
    Irish Debate have done live webcasts/talks with Q&A a good few times, with both Senator Dan Boyle and Ciaran Cuffe (when he actually was a TD) among those taking part.

As an aside, will the one tonight be recorded and uploaded somewhere? I won't be able to listen in live, but am definitely interested in what the 3 of them have to say.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes it will be recorded live and uploaded later. Plus Boardsies will get a chance to ask questions, more on that later.

I'm aware that web streams have been done before alright (I was on one with Sherlock recently) but those were organised by third parties , not by the TD himself/herself which seems like a key difference. I'd like to see more TD's doing this to explain the issues of the day to their constituencies (and the general populace at large).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Stephen Donnelly TD

The 3 speeches are now on YouTube:

(~ posted by Peter, Stephen's online manager)

• Advertisement
Advertisement