Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodak Zx1 - High Definition Pocket Video Camera (Black) - €58 delivered [Amazon]

Options
  • 26-02-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭

Great price!

41VJT6NnBLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Buy it @ Amazon.co.uk
    The Kodak Zx1 is one of a new generation of minicamcorder that is designed to make it incredibly easy to shoot, share and enjoy high quality video.

Introducing a new generation of compact video camera

With the explosion of sites like YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo there is now huge demand for easy ways to shoot and share video clips. So, enter The Kodak Zx1. Designed with action and adventure in mind the Zx1 has a rugged design with a rubberised finish on the back for good grip and is NEMA rated IP43 making it dust, water and ice resistant. With a compact design it’ll fit nicely into most pockets and the brushed steel front with rubber buttons looks great and makes it a joy to use. The Zx1 is powered by 2 standard AA batteries, 2 pre-charged NiMH batteries and a charger come in the box but if you ever run out of power, replacement AA batteries are readily available.

HD quality

The Zx1 stands out from many of the other minicamcorders on the market because it shoots stunning quality 720p HD video at upto 60 frames per second (fps). You can choose other video modes simply by clicking the left and right arrows on the keypad selecting HD 60fps, HD30 fps, VGA or still camera. The biggest advantage of the high resolution is that it’ll look great when blown up. This isn’t so important if you only view video on a small window on your PC screen but with the Zx1 footage you can scale the video to full screen and retain image sharpness, for the best possible picture the Zx1 has HDMI connectivity so you view the videos on your HDTV. Both HDMI and standard composite cables are included in the box. On the go you can view your clips on the 2 inch LCD screen with the option of slow motion and you can find the best bits using the four speeds of fast forward and rewind, up to x16, or simply go forward or back frame by frame. The Zx1 also includes a mic and speaker to capture and playback sound and the high speed processor in the Zx1 adjusts exposure and autofocus quickly. For rock solid video the Zx1 features digital blur reduction technology and tripod mount if required.

With the Zx1 you’ll never run out of memory, whilst many minicamcorders feature small internal memories, the Zx1 has an SD card slot which can take upto a 32GB SDHC card good for upto an incredible 10 hours of video at HD 30fps (1GB = 20mins). And if you run out of memory on the go you can simply change to a new card.

Easy to share

The Zx1 comes with ArcSoft MediaImpression software which is automatically installed when you connect the Zx1’s USB connector to your PC. The software is incredibly easy to use and allows you to organize your videos and features an easy one button upload to YouTube and Vimeo. You can also re-format your video clip to the best resolution for sending on email at the touch of a button. To put you in the directors chair there’s a basic ‘movie maker’ feature which allows you to add text screens for a titles at the beginning and credits end of the movie, edit clips, sequence a number of clips to tell your story and add music. A media convertor also makes it easy to transcode your videos for viewing on other common devices like an iPod or Kodak picture frame and you can burn DVD’s for viewing on TV and archiving. Uploading your videos is easy too simply connect the Zx1 to your PC with the USB connector and the video’s automatically upload and are ready to use! The ArcSoft software is not Mac compatible, but if you own a Mac its easy to transfer your videos simply buy dragging and dropping to your desktop as you would for any USB device and you can edit your video using iMovie.

Ready to go

No need to buy any extra cables or batteries. Included in the Zx1 are 2x AA NiMH rechargeable batteries, a battery charger and HDMI, composite AV and USB cables. However, although there is 128MB of internal memory on the Zx1 you’ll need to buy an SD card to shoot a useful length of video.

Features

* Shoots 720p high definition video
    * Pocket-Size, weather-resistant design
    * Storage 128 MB internal memory with SD/SDHC card expansion lot
    * Easily edit, create and upload to YouTube with built-in software
    * Record direct to SD/SDHC memory card (approx 20 min. recording per 1 GB at HD 30 fps).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

It says £67.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

shayser wrote: »
    It says £67.99?

IT's out of stock from Amazon themselves now (listed under "More Buying Choices" @ £49.98) - so they're listing the price from an Amazon market Place supplier who have stock :(

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    IT's out of stock from Amazon themselves now (listed under "More Buying Choices" @ £49.98) - so they're listing the price from an Amazon market Place supplier who have stock :(

Paddy

To the uninitiated, what does that mean (to the overall cost / deliver) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

that one is from a seller not amazon, i think Basq just linked to the wrong one,

here is the correct amazon link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001SN72TK/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

brightkane wrote: »
    that one is from a seller not amazon, i think Basq just linked to the wrong one,
    I don't make mistakes buddy! :pac:

Ah no.. that was definitely linking to Amazon as a seller (not marketplace) this morning.

• Advertisement

I wonder what max size SD card this would take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

shayser wrote: »
    I wonder what max size SD card this would take?

the Zx1 has an SD card slot which can take upto a 32GB SDHC card good for upto an incredible 10 hours of video at HD 30fps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

basquille wrote: »
    I don't make mistakes buddy! :pac:

Ah no.. that was definitely linking to Amazon as a seller (not marketplace) this morning.

Course it was mate! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Cheers Basq, my Zx1 just arrived, can't get over how small it is, it's about the same size as my n70.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Cool like the llook of this. Savemejebus, does this do standard still photographs also? ALso what is the battery life like, is the zoom good, is the sound quality good and is there good features on it, basically is it worth the £50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Digitalism wrote: »
    Cool like the llook of this. Savemejebus, does this do standard still photographs also? ALso what is the battery life like, is the zoom good, is the sound quality good and is there good features on it, basically is it worth the £50?

yep it does standard still photos too. can't tell you about the other stuff as I bought it as a gift and apart from peeking at it to make sure it wasn't damaged on it's way to me I haven't gone messing with it.

Hmmm... my account says:

Dispatch Estimate: 18 Mar 2010 - 26 Mar 2010

Delivery Estimate: 24 Mar 2010 - 6 April 2010

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

10th to the 16th for me and I just ordered..

DAM YOU BARGIN ALERTS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Cheers Basq, ordered two :P

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Excellent! Great post guys, thanks a mill.
    Just ordered one there - deliver expected 12-15 March. Total EUR59.45!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Just ordered one was going to hold out for a differant model but at that price and the good reviews it looks a bargain.

What's the differences in the SDHC cards on the Kodak website: http://bit.l/bsupRA - click Accessories.

The first card on the list is a 16GB Class 4 card at £64. 3 items down the list there is a 32GB card for a few quid more. Are these cards the same? If anyone got a card, where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I bought this 16gb SDHC card just this morning for about £18

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001W1BSM0/ref=oss_product

Free delivery when purchased with the Zx1,

Bargain in its own right?

£70 delivered for the two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I bought this 16gb SDHC card just this morning for about £18

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001W1BSM0/ref=oss_product

Free delivery when purchased with the Zx1,

Bargain in its own right?

£70 delivered for the two

Let us know how you get on with that card, in particular if it is fast enough to keep up with the camera at full res and how long it takes to download to your PC. I'd just be a bit concerned as it is only class 2.

A (more expensive) alternative would be this class 6 16GB Hama card for £32. My Memory have other class 6 16GB cards from £28 but they are out of stock at present.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

just bought one of these today in Curry's Galway - reduced to 64 euros.
    Not to bad a price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement