Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent process eating my Desire HD battery

Options
  • 23-11-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Anyone help please, last two days my battery life has plummeted, fully charged last night, 19% remained this morning, 3g off, display low
    Android process Acore Plugin Sample 93% !!!!
    Cell Standby 4%
    Process idle 3%

Charged phone this am and used it a few times to check battery usage since
    Android process Acore Plugin Sample 46%
    Display 43%
    Android system 5%
    Com.htc.launcher 4%
    Cell standby 2%

Any ideas or help would be appreciated
    Charles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

bogman wrote: »
    Anyone help please, last two days my battery life has plummeted, fully charged last night, 19% remained this morning, 3g off, display low
    Android process Acore Plugin Sample 93% !!!!
    Cell Standby 4%
    Process idle 3%

Charged phone this am and used it a few times to check battery usage since
    Android process Acore Plugin Sample 46%
    Display 43%
    Android system 5%
    Com.htc.launcher 4%
    Cell standby 2%

Any ideas or help would be appreciated
    Charles

Have you installed any new apps or has there been any updates to apps you have already installed?
    I have a HTC Desire (not HD) and up to last week I was getting two days out of my battery but then I installed a lot of updates for some apps and my battery would not last a full day. I uninstalled any apps I downloaded but it didn't help. I had to do a hard reset and it seems to be ok again. This should be a last resort though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's an issue with your syncing.
    Try turning off auto-Sync to verify this first....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

rhonin wrote: »
    Have you installed any new apps or has there been any updates to apps you have already installed?
    I have a HTC Desire (not HD) and up to last week I was getting two days out of my battery but then I installed a lot of updates for some apps and my battery would not last a full day. I uninstalled any apps I downloaded but it didn't help. I had to do a hard reset and it seems to be ok again. This should be a last resort though.

my desire (leedroid rom) has been doing the same funnily enough. Im pointing my finger at angry birds. I hadnt played it up to last week. everything else is roughly the same although i have had lots of updates installed in the last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

No new apps but did some updating
    That was to be my next plan of action
    It's an issue with your syncing.
    Try turning off auto-Sync to verify this first....

Ill have a look at that now

Thanks all, force stopped Android process Acore Plugin Sample and that resolved the problem, battery was being sapped nearly as quickly as it was being charged !!!
    7 hrs since last charge, 92% remaining
    Display 35%
    Cell standby 29%
    Phone idle 26%
    Wi-Fi 5%
    Android system 3%
    Com.htc.launcher 2%

my desire (leedroid rom) has been doing the same funnily enough. Im pointing my finger at angry birds. I hadnt played it up to last week. everything else is roughly the same although i have had lots of updates installed in the last 2 weeks

I re-installed Andry Birds last night for the first time since I did the hard reset. I only played about ten minutes. I had 40% battery remaining. This morning the battery was nearly dead. Going to remove it again to see will it make a difference.

Good to hear you got it sorted bogman.

• Advertisement

well i havent played it since i restarted the phone from dead yesterday. battery is now at 55% and ive not charged it since lunch time yday

well i havent played it since i restarted the phone from dead yesterday. battery is now at 55% and ive not charged it since lunch time yday

I think I may have found the problem. Whenever I finish playing Angry Birds I just press the home button. On some android fourms they say that this doesn't close down the game properly and it stays open in the background hence the reason the battery drains. To exit the game properly you need to press the back button.

To exit the game properly you need to press the back button.

Suppose that goes for all apps? battery life is back to normal:D and have not charged the phone since
    55% remaining after 34 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

get this:
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/advanced-task-killer/com.rechild.advancedtaskkiller

it automatically kills at apps running in the background at whatever intervals you like, or you can just have a button to kill all apps yourself

just to reiterate what i learnt two posts later in case anyone is reading this...
    It is recommended that you do not use Advanced Task Killer with Android 2.2!

Grimebox wrote: »
    get this:

it automatically kills at apps running in the background at whatever intervals you like, or you can just have a button to kill all apps yourself

no thanks

• Advertisement

bogman wrote: »
    Suppose that goes for all apps? battery life is back to normal:D and have not charged the phone since
    55% remaining after 34 hours

Good to hear. I was playing Angry Birda last night and exit out of it properly and my battery had only lost about 5% this morning so happy days :D
    Grimebox wrote: »
    get this:

A lot of articles out there that say task killers can do more harm than good.
    http://lifehacker.com/5650894/android-task-killers-explained-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Wow thanks for that link. I had no idea. I've been the owner of an android phone for a whole week now you see. I fell into the pit fall of KILLAPPZ = OMG MORE BATTERY!!

Thanks for the useful post johnny_adidas :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

A lot of articles out there that say task killers can do more harm than good.
    http://lifehacker.com/5650894/android-task-killers-explained-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them
    Yep, read that but I def needed something for a quick close down of games as back button didn't clos ethem.

System Panel is excellent so far...

It is recommended that you do not use Advanced Task Killer with Android 2.2

You're quite welcome :rolleyes:

Advertisement