Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free €600 laptop

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

on the home page

http://www.click.ie/

however when you click for more details there are none just the data entry form

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

hence the where! No details at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

godtabh wrote: »
    hence the where! No details at all

fill in the details, boker will send you a details,if u take out policy through them, they said its half the commission they're paying you=€600 vouchor for Click.ie...no catches.....i'll know more tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this reeks of shilling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Not a bargain, or as comic book guy would say "worst BA ever"

Changing your lie assurance to get an a laptop is stupid idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Not a bargain, or as comic book guy would say "worst BA ever"

Changing your lie assurance to get an a laptop is stupid idea.

Whhy? If their life assurance cover is cheaper that what you have currently - then you get a free laptop and cheaper insurance. If- that is.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Well if it's Irish Life it ain't going to be cheap and whoever their local rep is will hound you til the day you die. I'll wait and see how OP gets on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

scully74 wrote: »
    no catches...
    This is an insurance broker you're talking about, right?

Ask him what happens if you exercise your right to cancel within the statutory 'cooling-off' period (one month) — or if you simply stop paying the premium after you get the laptop (apart from cover ceasing, of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Whhy? If their life assurance cover is cheaper that what you have currently - then you get a free laptop and cheaper insurance. If- that is.....

Because if you value some like Life Assurance enough to be taking is out in the first place your selection criteria should be more to do with benefits, conditions & price.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Because if you value some like Life Assurance enough to be taking is out in the first place your selection criteria should be more to do with benefits, conditions & price.

If you go with a broker normally how much does the life assurance company give the broker? Is this not just the broker choosing to take a smaller cut to drum up business.

I agree a free laptop is not part of your selection criteria but if you compare the product here with your current product and aren't happy you can say no. If you say yes just to get a free laptop then you're daft.

no news yet! but the broker said he can match your existing plan price and benefits, the 600e comes from half the commission that they get from irish life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Im working in a brokerage and checked with one of the girls here. She reckons you would get the voucher after the 13th month when you have the 2nd year paid for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

To the lock master ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

alan4cult wrote: »
    To the lock master ....

Not sure if thats in reference to my post. I could say where I work and anyone can ring to find that there is no such promotion here. Dont even do life insurance any more I think.

kc66 wrote: »
    Not sure if thats in reference to my post. I could say where I work and anyone can ring to find that there is no such promotion here. Dont even do life insurance any more I think.

promo only in shop in limerick...i think....saying that they never e-mailed me the details yet!!!!!! fishy

This is what they sent me.....lol....a deal, ya right

Hi *****,

Based on the details you have given me and assuming you are a non smoker and excluding any serious illness cover I can give you the following quotes for life cover to replace your old policy:

1. For "decreasing term" mortgage cover over 25 years on 290,000 we are getting quoted 24.12c per month by Zurich to cover you. "Decreasing term" means that the level of cover decreases as the amount of the outstanding mortgage decreases. In the event of a claim, the insurer will only pay out enough to clear the outstanding loan and no more. If you wish to go for this option and proceed with the transfer, we can pay you out a cheque for 130.24c towards your purchase from Click.ie.

2. For "Level Term" mortgage cover over 25 years on 290,000 we are getting quoted 29.91c per month per month by Zurich. "Level Term" means that in the event of a claim, the insurer will always pay out 290,000 euro. If you wish to go for this option and proceed with the transfer, we can pay you out a cheque for 158.65c towards your purchase from Click.ie.

If you wish to proceed, we simply send you a form to sign, and around 3 weeks later we will have your cheque out to you! We will organise to stop your old policy when required and we will also send your bank your new one.There is very little fo you to do! Any questions, please ask!

Thanks ***!

Advertisement