Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engine Light flashing on Ford focus

Options
  • 12-11-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all looking for some advise and help on this the engine light started flashing on / off on my car this morning on way into work any one know of what it could mean also is there any mechanic around castletroy area that could look at this for me without costing me a fortune.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Rapidly-flashing MIL usually means a catalyst-damaging misfire in progress. Is it petrol or diesel? Do you feel the car shuddering slightly and/or losing power while this is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karenmc29

Hi yeah when i was stopped at the traffic lights it felt like the car was shaking , its petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could well be a coil pack, very common problem on the Focus. There is a mechanic down the laneway behind the Kilmurray Lodge hotel. No idea of his name but someone else here might know who I'm talking about.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Could well be a coil pack, very common problem on the Focus. There is a mechanic down the laneway behind the Kilmurray Lodge hotel. No idea of his name but someone else here might know who I'm talking about.

There's a chap called Mike Hennessy around that area somewhere, it might be him? I'm told he's quite good.

jimgoose wrote: »
    There's a chap called Mike Hennessy around that area somewhere, it might be him? I'm told he's quite good.

Correction - I'm told Mike is out the Newport road a small bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The guy down the laneway at the back of the Killmurry is Eamonn Carroll, I'll pm the op his mobile number

Advertisement