Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluejacking

• 05-11-2003 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

its the new craze for people with bluetooth devices and sounds fun but could have serious implications if taken to the extreme for maliciousness

http://www.bluejackq.com/index.htm

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/33781.html

In simple terms, bluejacking is the art of anonymously sending messages to users of other Bluetooth devices who have switched on the technology and made their handset "visible" to potential bluejackers

Recipients must, however, accept the incoming data and, as such, bluejackers are unable to send long messages, since they may be refused. The get around this, the sender could set their username as "You have just been Bluejacked!" so that would-be victims receive a message along the lines of "Income message from: 'You have just been Bluejacked.' Would you like to accept?"

Though certainly an annoyance, bluejacking does not pose a security threat and individuals wishing to avoid the aggravation can set their device to "invisible" or can simply shut off Bluetooth when not using it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭.-=MR. JOE=-.

Hey you guys,

I got a Sony Ericsson T610 last September and I've done a lot of Bluejacking since!

One point: The Receiver DOESN'T have to accept or reject your message. I do it by creating a "Task" with my message as the subject (it can be really long too) and send this bia bluetooth. It then just comes up on the person's screen, not saying where it came from!! it's great.

I did it in Derry one day sending Sinn Fein logos and Fields of Athenry ringtone!!!

PM me if you guys hav any questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 seawolf1540

Do anybody know where to get the bluesnarfing tools. Source code or execuitables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Yes

but im not telling anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

The shmoo group produced this tool "bluetooth wardriving"

Advertisement