Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsky Virus

Options
  • 24-02-2004 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Anyone got this?

I got an email with Warning as the subject and ok as the body. Got it through Outlook.

My question is would i have had to open the attatchment to get the Virus? I clicked on it and deleted it straight away.

Info Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seems to have exploded today, UCD is getting hammered by it.

Apparently it'll do annoying random things to your computer every tuesday of this month, and it'll also do the typical "mail myself to everybody" thing that seems to be the best propagation method recently due to abysmal user security.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

From 3 - 5 OC today we got hit 53 times.
    Had zero before that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah got it about 3 times again today. Do you have to open the attachment to get the virus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Got hit a few times with it myself today. Once your Norton drivers have updated since Feb 18th you should be OK.

Fcukers.

Advertisement