Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software problem

Options
  • 12-04-2005 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Panasonic

Model 2.0.N
    Version OFO302

Operatiing sys. 1.2S4BC
    EPG 2.8b*

As can be seen this receiver has very old software.
    The reciever was lying unused for two years.
    The receiver does not see new version cards,( in the menu -NO CARD)including two other activated cards.

It does however see old version cards.
    This has led me to force a download.This I have done at least 5 times-rebooted but no luck.
    It still only sees the old cards.
    anyone any ideas on how to get the software version that was sent last year to accept the new cards.

Thanks for any ideas.

ps A new install via 401 OK has also been done !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

If it's a TU-DSB 31, then I think its fit only for the bin :(
    They have some weird problem where if they miss an update, they refuse to download newer updates at all and need memory chips replaced.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I wonder if it would be fit to somehow download the latest software that is gradually making its way to digiboxes?

Maybe just leave it plugged in for a few days and see if anything happens... I definitely wouldn't throw it in the bin! If nothing else, it would be an OK FTA receiver for Astra 2/Eurobird :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

Thanks guys.
    I guess it will be a waiting game to see if the new software loads in .

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!

As of today Thursday the new software loaded itself.
    After 20 attempts at a forced download it was only a case of waiting for it OTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

seano wrote:
    BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!

As of today Thursday the new software loaded itself.
    After 20 attempts at a forced download it was only a case of waiting for it OTA.

Yep forcing downloads only loads the previous version - sky leave the old versions transmitting on the force stream until ALL boxes have been updated, so it is possible for them to "roll back" digiboxes to the previous software version should something go wrong.

• Advertisement
    byte

Good stuff seano! Bet you're glad you didn't take chorus techy's advice that it was only fit for the bin! :D:D

Incidentally, my Panny box upgraded last night too.

byte wrote:
    Good stuff seano! Bet you're glad you didn't take chorus techy's advice that it was only fit for the bin! :D:D

Incidentally, my Panny box upgraded last night too.

Nothing goes in the bin here.Even old type smartcards are kept . ;)

byte

seano wrote:
    Nothing goes in the bin here.Even old type smartcards are kept . ;)
    Yes, I find they make handy bookmarks! :)

Advertisement