Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survival Horror Games

Options
  • 22-08-2012 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I bought Resident Evil 5 yesterday, and it seems to have gone the same way as no. 4; more like an action / shoot em up than the scary / atmospheric games that started the series. I remember the panic opening a door in no. 2, wondering what was on the other side..

Anyway, wondering if anyone can recommend a game on ps3 thats more like the early Resident Evils, or any that are on the way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dead space 1 and then have a go at dead space 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Gigabytes

Dead space 1 and then have a go at dead space 2.
    Great games playing DS 2 at the mo, it's free to download on PS+

Gigabytes wrote: »
    Great games playing DS 2 at the mo, it's free to download on PS+

That's the last proper horror survival game. It will die with DS3 unfortunately.

Btw those bastards who look at your from a corner must be the scariest enemies I have ever encountered in horror survival game!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

The Silent Hill games offer more of a psychological scare. SH Collection is released and you should be able to get it for fairly cheap in the likes of game stops and that gives you Silent Hill 2 & 3 for the PS3. I think they're a great series, but they're not exactly as some heat-thrilling survival horror - it's a little more slowly paced but still worth mentioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Deadly Premonition is definitely worth a look. Good story, few scares. I really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PC.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Bring nappies.

Also, Lone Survivor (again, PC).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

amnesia is as close to it as i can think. Dead Space is not as survival as i would like. its too much of a shooter for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I Am Alive is alright. Bit short and finishes out of nowhere but good concept for a game. I noticed the other day that it's down to about a fiver on PSN now.

folan wrote: »
    amnesia is as close to it as i can think. Dead Space is not as survival as i would like. its too much of a shooter for me.

Dead space is the closest you will get on console to horror survival. Dead space 2 has more action, but it's still not as bad jump like resident evil 4 and 5.

Come to think of it I need to finish second one. I am in one place, which gave me nightmares in dead space 1... You know that place very well ( who played dead space 1 and 2 ).

I even watched those anime about dead space. I really love the lore and universe. It's a shame they completely **** it up with dead space 3 :(

Advertisement