Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone still playing tropico 4?

• 15-08-2012 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

yeah yeah i know, i said it million times so far! :D

i just got in to the last mission and was wondering if anyone got some good tips at how to handle that mission?

so far i failed a lot on it. though i am think i know where is mine mistake as i am rushing too much on population with imigration office. that second objective is a pain in a hole when you dont have strong economy rolling.

so anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jesus, it's getting it's own thread now ?
    I never seen anything mentioned so much on the STEAM thread ever :P
    Any chance ye get it's thrown in :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The last mission in the main game? I think all I did was build a shed load of farms to get the economy going, then spam industrial buildings and ignore all main quest items until the end.

I think the final quest said that I had to perform x by year y when it was already year y+20, first time I failed but once I knew what the goal was (Flame, Golden Statue and Nuke) I built them before accepting the quest and the game didn't care about the year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's because its an awesome awesome game.

Is it the general campaign or is it the Modern Times campaign you're talking about? General one is easy sure even my wife cleared it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That's because its an awesome awesome game.

Is it the general campaign or is it the Modern Times campaign you're talking about? General one is easy sure even my wife cleared it ;)

Oh did she? Ill give her my address so, she can show it to me in action. I'll get wine and strawberries for better showing!

It's the one, where your main quest is to get 100 people population and after you complete that it throws at you: make 50k in 5 years. 100 people is deck all and by that time I don't even have economy in good shape.
    I tired last night to forbid immigration at around 90, but still few fevers came in and threw me over 100!
    I'll try again tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

might get more answers in the strategy forum?

havent finished the game yet.. while still an amazing game it didn't grab me in the same way tropico 3 did so I've just left it on the back shelf for the time being. I'll go back to it in a few months

actually I still haven't finished tropico 3.. got stuck on that achieve 85% population happiness one.. jesus christ that was impossible

• Advertisement

might get more answers in the strategy forum?

havent finished the game yet.. while still an amazing game it didn't grab me in the same way tropico 3 did so I've just left it on the back shelf for the time being. I'll go back to it in a few months

actually I still haven't finished tropico 3.. got stuck on that achieve 85% population happiness one.. jesus christ that was impossible

strategy forum is dead. i am a huge strategy head and i havent been there ages. If i post there i might get reply in 2 weeks. thats on of the examples of how bad it can be to have many subforums for separate games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'm only on the 16th mission, but I'd have to say the game was great value in a Steam sale in May. I just passed the 100 hour mark, not bad for a €7.50 game.

Well i passed that stupid 50k mission. Nothing that few weapons factories can't fix :D

I am keep playing it. Though i won't have any electricity for 2 hours now. :( damn storm broke ESB pole last night, so they will be digging it up and putting new one now. :( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I havent got by mission 1 yet :(

i lost it again... i got over that 50k in 5 years, but then i got cought with pants down on the statues and nuclear missle...

investing heavy in to mining recources was a mistake. i had to invest a lot in importing after.

i will need to try the sugar/rum way.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

make sure you're only allowing imports of raw materials you actually need, otherwise if your teasmsters aren't taking lumper from the loggin plants to the lumber mill you'll end up importing loads of it and spending way more money than you need

damn roads are the most important thing in the game.. get them wrong early on and you might as well start all over once you get high enough population

beated last mission!!! had everything done by the year 1998! feel like a pro! :D

i will start the modern times dlc tomorrow!

i started modern times tropico 4 campaign and i am not sure i really like it. it has some cool aditions, but some stuff is just a piss taker... like changing markets from 500 in vanila to 5000 supermarkets, which need 4 educated staff! :eek:

got on to second mission and that mission already goes on my tits in a huge way... :rolleyes:
    that epidemic is just a pain in a hole, i cent even build up my economy as my biuldings catch up the green **** and i have to demolish them... tsunami and 5 tornados in the beginning did not helped me. will try again from scratch and go for mining operations instead of lumber.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Check out Simcuties mod, it allows you to use old or new buildings as well as a heap of other features, might help you.

I would post a link but I'm drunk and lazy

Check out Simcuties mod, it allows you to use old or new buildings as well as a heap of other features, might help you.

I would post a link but I'm drunk and lazy

ya drunk bastard! :D

i beated that "hiccups" mission. fecking annoying one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great game,i prefer just the sandbox game than the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

hmm *opens drawer see's tropico 4* must play again cant.. stop .. must el presidentai

Advertisement