Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

securing a netopia 2247b nwg

Options
  • 24-08-2008 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

How do i change the ssid and router name on a netopia 2247? I have stopped it brodcasing ssid but the ssid shows on netstumbler. That right?
    It has wpa psk encryption.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

i'd also enable mac filtering and make sure the default user name (probably admin) and password are changed to something stronger. all that with the steps you already took should be more than enough. To keep out most unwanteds

edit : i dont think you can the admin user name from the router interface

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If your using WPA there is prob no need to disable SSID broadcast, WPA isn't simple to crack like WEP is...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

calex71 wrote: »
    i'd also enable mac filtering and make sure the default user name (probably admin) and password are changed to something stronger.
    How do i enable mac filter and where is the default username and password? Eircom@eircom.net is the username on the router, I do not see password
    edit : i dont think you can the admin user name from the router interface
    ?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726942.aspx#EBAA appears to say that not broadcasting ssid is of no use

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from Computers & Technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

How do i enable mac filter and where is the default username and password? Eircom@eircom.net is the username on the router, I do not see password
    go to firewall on the left and in there ya will see enable mac address filtering
    if ya go to expert mode and click confugure then connection the username and password are in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

guil07 wrote: »
    if ya go to expert mode and click confugure then connection the username and password are in there
    and i can change them to anything?

Advertisement