Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Group : TF2 Boards.ie , for MVM etc

Options
  • 17-08-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

The new Co-Op mode in Team Fortress 2 , MVM (Mann vs Machine) requires 6 players.
    At present it's quite hard to find a server, wait times of up to 45 minutes, so people can create a group with friends and get/start one easier.

Many won't have enough friends to make a group of 6, so I'm setting up this sub-group for any boardsies who play TF2, and wanna game :) (as the main boards.ie group has too many people)
    We had/have a similar group for L4D2
    Just join away and hopefully we should have a decent number soon that anyone can easily get a group together for a few games :)

I'll send invites later, but it should be free to join
    (TF2 is FREE - btw, to anyone who didn't know by now :P )

The Co-Op mode is brilliant btw !

New TF2 CoOp MVM : http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

Group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boardsTF2

Posting here as my be missed in the "Half Life" forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Joined up, MvM times seem to utilise "Valve Time 2.0".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Joined too! hope to get a few games in after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Hi, didn't want to start a while new thread for this but i was just wondering is it worth it buying anythin in game for tf2? Or is everything purely cosmetic, is there any difference with being 'premium member'. Also I see there is a ticket for sale for MvM, does this get you into different servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The hats are cosmetic. The weapons have different attributes(more damage, faster fire etc) You can see the difference here between the two accounts http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Account_types

The tickets will get you on to the valve servers and at the end of all the rounds you will receive an item. If you complete all 6 you get a strange bot weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You also get items as random drops, which you can trade with other people if there is something specific you want.
    There isn't any weapon really that outclasses the standard ones.

Just enjoy the game, and if you find a character you love, and want him to look a little different, then buy him something, but you will rarely see it because it's FPS :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

My inventory is full =(

My inventory is full =(

Yeah, you only get 1 page or 2 pages if you have F2P

I think once you buy something then you get the same as premium, which is like 20 pages or something.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yeah, you only get 1 page or 2 pages if you have F2P

I think once you buy something then you get the same as premium, which is like 20 pages or something.

I'll just throw everything in the bin.

I'll just throw everything in the bin.

Give them to me, I used up enough stuff crafting you canteens etc :P

Can do. Have you still got that other account lying around? Should be automatically premium. I think I left a load of items on it too. You're welcome to whatever you want from either, could bundle it all together.

• Advertisement

Can do. Have you still got that other account lying around? Should be automatically premium. I think I left a load of items on it too. You're welcome to whatever you want from either, could bundle it all together.

Nahh I checked, there are none on them, I prob took them ages ago.
    I'll sort you out with some gear for your support classes tomorrow though ;) on nightshift atm.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Nahh I checked, there are none on them, I prob took them ages ago.
    I'll sort you out with some gear for your support classes tomorrow though ;) on nightshift atm.

Did you take the fireplace aswell you gypsy!

Did you take the fireplace aswell you gypsy!

The 3 steam accounts belong to me. Any games or items attached to them also belong to me.
    Count yourself lucky I let you use one to experience TF2 before it became F2P ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Joined, maybe we should set a definite date/time to try to get something going, and using teamspeak (or whatever).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I wouldn't mind joining, completely new to TF2 though.

Joined, maybe we should set a definite date/time to try to get something going, and using teamspeak (or whatever).

You can invite people in the group to play when you are joining a game, they dont have to be on your friends list.
    If you see me on just ask me , I'll help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Can you invite from the group in game or do you do it before hand in steam?

Ingame I think.
    Shift + Tab, bring up your friends, the right tab at the top is "groups" and invite from there,

There is a problem getting friends into MvM games where tickets are needed, don't let adhoc connections through. But Bootcamp should be fine

Advertisement