Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Life simulation or God.

• 21-08-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

I'm Looking for games that simulate life. I've played all the well known ones. eg
    Sims, Civ (all), Spore, Game of life (online). Also a few more. I'm just wondering is there anymore out there that I've forgotten? I've also Played the space ones.

IF you have played them what did you think? Or have you a suggestion?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

black and white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I've only played the original Black & White, but it is class. Great concept of being a God. And it's pretty challenging as well. Never got around to playing the second one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

From Dust would probably be the most recent one.

i preferred the first one myself, tried it again recently and i just couldnt get back into it.
    Another recent one which i havet tried yet is 'From Dust'
    here's some gameplay of it

Edit: Damnit Kiith! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Castle Story may have a little of what you're looking for (once it's released)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/902505202/castle-story

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Edit: Damnit Kiith! lol

3 minutes too slow :D

serves me right for having that egg! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Kiith wrote: »
    From Dust would probably be the most recent one.

I've not played it myself but from what I've heard, From Dust is, like the later Populous games, more akin to an RTS than a god game per se

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

I hear the graphics outside are supposed to be incredible, although the gamplay is a bit bland.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya I heard dust ain't meant to be all that great

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Castle Story may have a little of what you're looking for (once it's released)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/902505202/castle-story

That looks awesome!

• Advertisement

black & white is the best ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

I'm sooo Confused by black and white. I've never heard of it before. Seems like an interesting concept, Anyone able to link good game play video ?I've only found the second in the installment.

Also should have said I've played From Dust, Brilliant game.

Also put my name forward for Castle Story at Kickstarter Looks brilliant! =] -Bring on the apha! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Black and White was one of the buggiest disasters I've ever played. Voice acting is horrendous, too.

Zillah wrote: »
    Black and White was one of the buggiest disasters I've ever played. Voice acting is horrendous, too.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I bought Dust when it first game out , stopped playing after an hour. Got tired of picking up dirt and water...it's not great
    I didn't like Black and White either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Merger wrote: »
    I'm sooo Confused by black and white. I've never heard of it before
    Now I feel old

I can't comment on the sequel but avoid the original B&W. One of the most hyped games in history didn't prevent it from being pretty poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Peter Molyneux could and would hype up a cardboard box !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Polar101

To be fair, From Dust is a budget title so it might not look good when compared to Civ or a similar massive title.

Haven't actually played it, though. :)

Black and White was really flawed, but it was definitely something different - definitely worth trying out.. if it even runs on modern systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Polar101 wrote: »
    Black and White was really flawed, but it was definitely something different - definitely worth trying out.. if it even runs on modern systems.

Don't get me wrong, it had some great ideas, it just needed a hell of a lot more polishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Populous the Beginning?

Always loved re-playing that years ago with the Demo I got in one of the PC game magazines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Populous the Beginning?

Always loved re-playing that years ago with the Demo I got in one of the PC game magazines

Same here, think my version came with PC LIVE! From Dust was sort of a spiritual sequel to it but Populous was a much, much better game.

Have to agree Loved Populous, creating expanding islands that went beyond the necessary needs of the level. Yaka! Loved that spell :P

I played it on the Playstation it was included in the demo that you got with the console! Wow now that is making me feel old!

Its also the game that I attribute to my absolute love of God games/ Life simulation. (I still have the disk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I loved Black and White 2. Never played the original, so maybe if I did I'd have a different opinion, but B&W2 was and is one of my favourite PC games. In fact, I just picked up a brand new (in the plastic wrap) copy of the Collector's Edition on Amazon for less than a tenner.

I also liked Medieval Lords. I guess it's more of an RTS type game than a Sim, but you do get to zoom in on your town like Google Street View and watch people go about their daily business.

Never heard of it.

Will Have to look that one up =]

Cheers

Advertisement