Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox 3 & Google Spell Check

Options
  • 26-06-2008 6:47pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am using Firefox 3 (latest version) and using Google Spell Check with it.

Every time I try to check spelling and when I make the corrections, I click "Stop". Yet it doesn't stop checking the document - words are still highlighted (Green and Red) and the button is still highlighted with the word "Stop".

I'm guessing that its a simple bug in stopping the script from running. Anyone else noticed this? Only found one report of it but no responses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yep, doing it for me right now. It won't stop.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cant believe this is still not fixed, and very little on Google when I search about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mark3105

this is the most annoying thing even especially if your like me and dyslexic i had to use it:rolleyes: on this post

• Registered Users Posts: 81,842 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

google and firefox arent the best of playmates to be honest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Overheal wrote: »
    google and firefox arent the best of playmates to be honest.

You would think mozilla would fix it with the millions they get off google each year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,842 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yeah i know, but all through the FF3 betas gmail was my number one cause of browser related crashes

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just to let you know, if you don't already, the toolbar is fixed in the latest release from Google.

Advertisement