Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby coverage on TV this week

Options
  • 20-08-2007 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I tought I'd bring all the coverage together for any games on TV this week

Tuesday: Setanta Ireland - 7:00pm Connacht Vs SA
    Friday: RTE2/BBC2 - 7:30pm Ireland Vs Italy
    Saturday: BBC2 - 4:40pm Scotland Vs SA
    Sunday: Setanta Ireland - 8:10 USA Vs Munster

There's league on as well if anyones interested I just refuse to acknowledge its existence...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

hamo wrote:
    There's league on as well if anyones interested I just refuse to acknowledge its existence...

You just have... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

How about Wales -v- France? That's Union too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hamo

Ahrrggg...
    Just seen Wales vs France on Sunday afternoon... Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

On the subject of TV and before I go and pay for Setanta,

I have NTL Digital with Skysports, if I want to watch more than just the Ireland games and final rounds will I need to subscribe to Setanta's sports package or are any of the other channels carrying the games?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hamo wrote:
    Ahrrggg...
    Just seen Wales vs France on Sunday afternoon... Oops!
    Thanks Hamo! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

the fnj wrote:
    On the subject of TV and before I go and pay for Setanta,

I have NTL Digital with Skysports, if I want to watch more than just the Ireland games and final rounds will I need to subscribe to Setanta's sports package or are any of the other channels carrying the games?

Cheers
    I presume you're talking about the Rugby World Cup? Well ITV have full coverage of all games, split between ITV1 and ITV4 (i think)... They're on NTL, right?

I also think, but am not sure, that I heard that all of Setanta's RWC coverage will be on Setanta Ireland (they have Irish rights, not UK) so if you have NTL you'll be sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Sorry, yes I meant for the World Cup,

I don't think I have the extra ITV channels, I've never noticed them if I do, I must double check that later when I'm home.

I looked on Setanta's website but it's not clear if the games will all be on Setanta Ireland or will be spread across all their channels, I'd guess they will spread the games in an effort to get more subscribers but I'd like to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Yep, I mailed Setanta about this last week, but they've haven't replied. ITV4 is not available on NTL

Anyone agree that TV3's build up is nothing short of terrible? No original content whatsoever, just voiced-over stock documentaries about the all blacks and the 1991 world cup.. Dreadful. I can only imagine the live coverage

Advertisement