Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another freesat card on same digibox...

Options
  • 19-04-2005 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Am about to aquire a NI freesat card (Have an English one). Can I set this second card up on the same ex-Irish sub box that the English card is set up on? Also will RTE be available on a NI freesat card or is that just for full Sky subs up there?

Thanks.

Comments

just the family sub and above only
    so waste of time getting a freesat card for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

ah well... utv on 103 is better than tyne tees anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

A related question: I take it that the Freesat FTV cards currently available from the UK do not need to be registered with Sky, but do need to be activated with a digibox. Would it be possible to activate one in any digibox e.g. one which normally has another Sky subscription card (say Family Pack) inserted?

Would be very useful as the FTV card could then be used in a Dreambox.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The ftv cards will only work in a digibox. How do u reckon you could you the FTV card ina dreambox

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stephene

It's true, sky cards can now be used in a Dreambox. With recent image updates, the newcamd 5.28 emulator and a bit of config file editing (to specify your "real" digibox id) it is possible to view sky channels on a Dreambox. Check out the Dreambox forum on Toecutters Den.

An Irish guy on Toecutters posted that he has his Irish sub card in the top smartcard slot and a FTV card in the bottom smartcard slot and is able to watch both selections of channels without the card swapping malarky.

Very cool indeed.

Stephen.

• Advertisement

guys thats correct, as far as I'm aware,the sky card can be used on a dream box.
    Crap picture quality, but here's evidence of it.
    An attached external decoder was used iirc initially but now its all in the one box.

I doubt sky approve of this though, but this discussion can continue as long as the cards are being obtained legally and subs paid etc.

please dont discuss hacking sky or I will have to close this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

So could a legally obtained FTV card be activated in another box, one which already has an existing subscription, for this purpose i.e. can 2 different cards be activated on the one box?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah guys, just found out all about it. I am actually in the process of getting it set up. About bleedin time, we can get away from that dodgey box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Yep my FTV card is working fine and ITV etc appear immediately using the bottom slot of the 7000S. Pity theres only a now and next EPG, hopefully someone will create a plugin to get a proper EPG. Just make a bouquet with the FTV channels and BBC FTA channels and your sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

Bold boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Earthman wrote:
    please dont discuss hacking sky or I will have to close this thread.
    Perish the thought. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭intersplat

Ah the subject was locked down previously but now it's ok . Just like the church lol!

intersplat wrote:
    Ah the subject was locked down previously but now it's ok . Just like the church lol!
    no the subject of hacking sky subscriptions was locked
    discussing what equipment you use to view your paid for and legitimate original and not copied sky card is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭intersplat

Earthman wrote:
    no the subject of hacking sky subscriptions was locked
    discussing what equipment you use to view your paid for and legitimate original and not copied sky card is ok.

As far as I recall we were talking about common interface modules for videoguard not hacking .

incorrect

Once you cross the line from discussing various reception devices into the murky world of discussing how to achieve unpaid for reception of satelite subscription channels, you break the rules of this forum.

END of Story

If you want to discuss such things, you can go to a place where the moderators allow it, but do so again here and you will be banned indefinitely.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement