Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone on line now ???

Options
  • 21-04-2005 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Guys
    2 questions (probably dumb...but humour me please)

a) I was channel hoping earlier after updating satellite..and everything was fine ..for a while.Sudeenly without warning...all lights flashing and channel numbers changed repeativly 'tween 0, 6, 1 etc. Then the receiver locked ( won't change channel or power off via remote) and the display is showing " LOAD". Is the receiver waiting for imput from me ?. Can I plug the plug to reset it?

b) Lidl dish and receiver...3 LNBs on homemade bracket. Some channels on Astra 2 are breaking up as if weak signal and quality is jumping up and down continually....but I'm getting high 80s on most other channels on Astra 2. The main station I'm concerned with is "clasic fm tv". It's been this way for a number of days..Is it a weak transponder signal??..before I start climbing
    In advance thanks guys
    t

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

a) Odd, was this a sky digibox or a standard sat box?

b) I'm wondering if maybe the LNB is faulty, perhaps something to do with the 22kHz tones...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Tnx for replying Byte
    as stated
    b) Lidl dish and receiver...3 LNBs on homemade bracket.
    Central LNB focused on Astra 1 ,Hotbird and astra 2 each side.
    As regards reception all is great except some stations on astra 2 They were ok before this...I thought wind moved dish ( happened before) but am getting high 80s on other Astra2 stations.
    receiver is still Displaying "load".What about pulling plug ??
    t

Advertisement