Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKy+ and single LNB

Options
  • 19-04-2005 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

My normal sky digibox went belly up last week, stuck in standby. Basically I've been told it'll cost me about €120 to get repaired so I decided to buy a new box instead.

I went out and bought a SKY+ box from a retailer for €299. My question is this can I use some of the sky+ features like record the current channel your watching or pause live TV with the SKY+ box only connected up to a single LNB?

The Reason I haven't and won't be connecting the quad LNB onto the Dish and feeding the 2nd cable to the sky+ box is I'm in the process of trying to sell my house and I don't want to have to start drilling holes into the walls in my house as I'm currently building a new house and will have that fully wired for SKY+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Live pause should work, but why not just try it and see what happens?

Clippers wrote:
    My normal sky digibox went belly up last week, stuck in standby. Basically I've been told it'll cost me about €120 to get repaired so I decided to buy a new box instead.

I went out and bought a SKY+ box from a retailer for €299. My question is this can I use some of the sky+ features like record the current channel your watching or pause live TV with the SKY+ box only connected up to a single LNB?

The Reason I haven't and won't be connecting the quad LNB onto the Dish and feeding the 2nd cable to the sky+ box is I'm in the process of trying to sell my house and I don't want to have to start drilling holes into the walls in my house as I'm currently building a new house and will have that fully wired for SKY+

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clippers

I have tried it and its says to contact Sky to enable the SKY+ features.

When I was on to sky on Sunday to get my viewing card enabled with the sky+ box I mentioned about getting sky+ enabled and the customer service rep said I'd need the quad lnb but wasn't sure and said once all my channels came through I'd have to ring back and be transferred to the sky+ team to get the features enabled. I just wanted to check if anybody was aware what the situation was with the single connection into a sky+ box before ringing Sky again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The thing about ringing sky is not to give them any information that digresses from the norm, they get confused. Just ring them back and ask for sky + to be enabled, dont mention anything about a single lnb.

Clippers wrote:
    I have tried it and its says to contact Sky to enable the SKY+ features.

When I was on to sky on Sunday to get my viewing card enabled with the sky+ box I mentioned about getting sky+ enabled and the customer service rep said I'd need the quad lnb but wasn't sure and said once all my channels came through I'd have to ring back and be transferred to the sky+ team to get the features enabled. I just wanted to check if anybody was aware what the situation was with the single connection into a sky+ box before ringing Sky again.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clippers

I did exactly that, I just rang and asked for SKY+ to be enabled and viola its working. I can pause Live TV, instant rewind of what I watching. The ability to record the current channel I'm watching. The only thing I can't do is dual recording and watch something else while recording. I'll live with that for now. Goodbye VCR !!!

Advertisement