Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartered Grind School

Options
  • 26-12-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Has anyone any experience with this crowd?

Been thinking of doing their interim assessment revision classes, but at €50 a pop I just wanted to see if it was worthwhile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Kev1001

I attended their courses for Cap 2 and FAE over the last two years.

They didn't have anything for the Cap 2 continuous assessment when I was doing them, but the classes at the end of the year were very good. The guys that do it are some of the best lecturers you will ever have.

For the FAE lecturers the rooms were very packed (which is due to the fact that they are so good) - I didn't like the thought of paying around 200 euro to be squeezed in.

That SFMA continous assessment is very basic in terms of what can come up on the day. The topics and possible questions are obvious from the case. You probably don't need to do the CGS day - unless you can't easily see what the possible questions are (there will be open ended issues within the case).

I worked in a few groups to prepare for the exam - a lot of people did not see the obvious, people went off on tangents and came up with a load of topics that were highly unlikely to come up. I'd be careful of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

I travelled from Belfast for these classes over July for FAE and without those guys I wouldn't have passed. that was my final attempt at FAE Core. well worth the money and in total with staying in Dublin I was out a small fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Marry91

Kev1001

Have you seen the SFMA interim assessment for 2016?

Advertisement