Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress/Bed size

Options
  • 26-03-2012 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

HI all,

Before this gets moved to another forum I am posting here as I bought the bed in Instore in Limerick so hoping someone from here might be able to help.

I have what I think is a Queen size bed (54"x73" or 137cm x 185cm) which I thought was a regular "double" bed.
    However I cannot get sheets to fit the bed properly as when I buy standard "double" sheets they are way too big on the mattress.
    Any ideas where the breakdown is???

Maybe one of you has the same bed as me so can advise.
    I bought the bed from Instore and it is mock wrought iron white and old and antique like in appearance.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Bah doesnt format well, click the link instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

It might be a 4 foot double - I have this problem with sheets - I have yet to find 4ft sheets :( :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

phill106 wrote: »
    Bah doesnt format well, click the link instead

Thanks Phil but that states I have a double/full but the double fitted sheets I buy are too big.
    The mystery continues....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

I bought a bed from McCarthy's a few years back and they explained that the industry tries not to use the King, Queen, Double, Single designations these days -- due to massive fluctuations between brands.

The simplest thing to do is to forget those names altogether and go purely by the physical dimensions, all sheets have measurements written on them. It's worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 byrnesylimk

First post woohoo :D

Depending on the manufacturer of the mattress the size can vary, for example silentnight and sealy are measured in cm so they are slightly off the 4ft6 X 6ft3 they are 135cm X 190cm.Also the depth of the sheet can vary as well to take into account the newer mattresses that have topper's on them, sheet depths can vary from 18cm to 35cm so best thing to do is measure the depth of the mattress as well. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement