Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy XIII-2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

shocking.

It really looked like
    it was shaping up to be a "now go get the good ending" sort of affair.
    it dosn't for example make sense that they've failed to save the new cocoon and prevent the world from becoming Valhalla.
    If Serah died and the world was saved then that would be fine, but why does she say "thank you" after having a vision and then die and then the world ends?
    what was her vision? she saw the world ending and she said thanks? dosn't make sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,543 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I read somewhere, maybe the FF wiki that the Snow and Lightning DLCs in May are going to be it for the DLC.
    I'm assuming that she saw the world becoming
    Valhalla and she died because the timeline had changed so drastically
    . She probably thanked Noel for protecting and being with her throughout the game.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

well that makes sence.
    the game as is desperately sets up the need for a sequel or even just extra chapters of DLC.

the amount of 'Lightning' time in the game was a joke and they've really only covered Serah, Neol, Caius, Yeul, Hope and through DLC Sazh (Vanille and Fang are of course not up to anything)

There has to be DLC which continues the story becasue for one, the Coliseum isin't used in the game, Snows adventures and L'Cie status are only mentioned and read in the fragment datalog with the gravitation cores. Lightning's chapter is nothing more then a fleeting one off battle with no alternative outcomes (shocked the paradox scope dosn't change something after the big schpeel Caius' give if you enter Valhalla through the crux with the scope switched on.

I'm holding out until this story is finished. FFXIII was a wonderful speed-based battle system with a story which did nothing once the intro had passed until after the last boss. I loved the ending in XIII, the sense of breaking out of one's doomed divine edict by the belief in one's humanity and causing a sort of miracle by human invention (that the girls used Ragnarok to save cocoon). I though the idea that "it was all Etro, she did all the funny things, was a painful cop-out unless of course they mean in a meta-contextual sense, like Etro is a force discovering her self though reality actualizing(i.e. that is wasn't just a "magic god fixing everything")

In my eyes, the elements of the story which need continuing are:

Large elements:
    Lightning v Caius in Valhalla: why does she need Sarah in Valhalla?

Lightning: what is her relationship with Etro, and why is she being evasive when answering wither or not she can coem hoem with Serah("one thing at a time") e.g. is she becoming Etro, or is she becoming a permanent right-hand-angel/knight of Etro's will?

Serah: why do she have a gift similar to Yeul's? is Etro or lightning grooming her for a role (i.e. a divine role, or a role similar to Yeul or lightning etc or Etro's herself)

Etro: is she un-revivable

Neol: is he going to inherent the heart of Chaos and is he going to be Yuel's new guardian, or is is going to become a guardian for Serah in some other divine role?

Snow: why is he L'Cie again, and what Fal'Cie did he interact with/make a deal with, and what was the focus given.

smaller elements:
    Why did Mog die when the goddess died. What happens to a person who becomes Cie'th or Crystallized L'Cie with regards Valhalla. i.e. if Valhalla is where you go when you die, then WTF?

right now I'm running around tying up loose ends and looking for the platinum so I can post it to Funky Penguin and let him chew on it to 'support his life'. (in joke)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,543 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You're right, a lot of stuff does need to be clarified.

It's stated at the start that Lightning had a dream involving Noel, possibly travelling with Serah or just being sent back through time.
    I don't think Lightning is allowed to leave Valhalla. Serah and Noel met her at the Void Beyond which seems to have different rules to normal reality. Just a guess. She chose to become Etro's guardian to protect the timeline. Some detail on their relationship would have been nice, IMO.
    The Noel/Serah relationship is quite similar to that of Caius/Yeul. I don't think there was any info at all on why Serah started seeing visions of the future.

Etro's dead. I really can't imagine how they would go about reviving her since time was destroyed.
    There's nothing mentioned at the end on the status of the Heart of Chaos. I think Yeul's previous guardians must have been mortal if Caius was the first wielder of it. It's not stated that Noel inherited it but it is in one of the paradox endings which is just confusing.

I'm assuming Snow sought out a Pulse fal'cie to grant him the power of a l'Cie so he'd be strong enough to go and find Lightning. It's stated that they kept to themselves after FFXIII's ending but he's getting a DLC so that's at least one thing that ought to be sorted.

I'm really annoyed at how heavily Lightning featured in the game's promotion and barely at all in the actual game. I hope SE tries to wrap it all up as I quite like these 2 games and leaving it in this mess would be a bit of a disaster.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

yeah if SE are going to make a habit out of making "sequil sequils" they need to be careful not to **** all over the original game in making their add ons.

Advertisement