Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ati to acca

• 25-01-2016 5:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

i'm currently doing first year of this full time. I'm really enjoying it as I came from a non accounting background completely, feel like I'm getting a good grounding in tax and f.a especially.
    Now the plan is to do second year but and here's my dilemma I feel like its moving to slow, like it'll be june 2017 before I finish which will give me exemptions from acca papers f1-4 and then what are my job prospects like????
    My plan is to sit f2 and f3 cbe's by the end of june.( after first year of ati if I get a merit pass in b management and law and ethics i'll have exemptions for f1 and f4 )
    Then during the summer for the acca September sitting study f5 and f8.
    After this i'll begin ati second year and study for f9 for the December sitting. For the march 2017 sitting study f6 which is taxation, my thinking is that I will have a very solid foundation:understanding from ati course by then and sit f7 in june for the same reasons.
    Hope that wasn't to long winded would really appreciate peoples opinion on doing this, my thinking is that for the sake of one really hard year from june i'll have the ati qualification and f1-9 papers done.
    What will my job opportunities be then, could I get a training contract or maybe get a job and continue studies?? forgot to add I would be attending night classes probably in dbschool for f papers 5-9
    I really feel this is doable but what do others think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rachelmh

volono wrote: »
    i'm currently doing first year of this full time. I'm really enjoying it as I came from a non accounting background completely, feel like I'm getting a good grounding in tax and f.a especially.
    Now the plan is to do second year but and here's my dilemma I feel like its moving to slow, like it'll be june 2017 before I finish which will give me exemptions from acca papers f1-4 and then what are my job prospects like????
    My plan is to sit f2 and f3 cbe's by the end of june.( after first year of ati if I get a merit pass in b management and law and ethics i'll have exemptions for f1 and f4 )
    After this i'll begin ati second year and study for f9 for the December sitting. For the march 2017 sitting study f6 which is taxation, my thinking is that I will have a very solid foundation:understanding from ati course by then and sit f7 in june for the same reasons.
    Hope that wasn't to long winded would really appreciate peoples opinion on doing this, my thinking is that for the sake of one really hard year from june i'll have the ati qualification and f1-9 papers done.
    What will my job opportunities be then, could I get a training contract or maybe get a job and continue studies?? forgot to add I would be attending night classes probably in dbschool for f papers 5-9

Hi just wondering if you have done this? Just completed ATI first year and received overall merit pass. Wondering if I should just go into ACCA instead of doing second year. Am I eligible for exemptions after one year? I see there is a foundation level with ACCA will I have to do this or can I start with the fundamentals? Also want to do through distance learning as working in pharmacy at the moment how do I go about that? Can't find any online programs. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rachelmh

volono wrote: »

Hi just wondering if you have done this? Just completed ATI first year and received overall merit pass. Wondering if I should just go into ACCA instead of doing second year. Am I eligible for exemptions after one year? I see there is a foundation level with ACCA will I have to do this or can I start with the fundamentals? Also want to do through distance learning as working in pharmacy at the moment how do I go about that? Can't find any online programs. Thanks

Advertisement