Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA P2 Lecturer - Dublin

Options
  • 22-01-2016 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

Planning to sit the exam in June. Any recommendations for a really good lecturer for this paper, as from what I've heard, it's one of the most challenging to pass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Couldn't recommend gery fahy in dbs more highly. Be warned he will have you in class often times twice a week but it leads to great results.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AJB23

I sat P2 in December '15 with Liam Doran in Accountancy School and sailed through it thanks to him. I'm doing P4 this semester and thankfully he lectures in this subject too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

No question .... Liam Doran in Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Mitzy

Gareth Mulvin in First Intuition college in Dublin is excellent. The classes there are small with only about 15 people so you feel like you get a lot of individual attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ACCA1916

Couldn't recommend gery fahy in dbs more highly. Be warned he will have you in class often times twice a week but it leads to great results.

Agreed 100%, Gerry Fahy P2 is outstanding and his classes are not boring. Good antidotes and his pass-rates are excellent. P2 is tough, no matter who u go with, P2 syllabus is huge, there is other good options out there that people over the years have liked such as Liam Doran, Reg Callanan etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

ACCA1916 wrote: »
    Agreed 100%, Gerry Fahy P2 is outstanding and his classes are not boring. Good antidotes and his pass-rates are excellent. P2 is tough, no matter who u go with, P2 syllabus is huge, there is other good options out there that people over the years have liked such as Liam Doran, Reg Callanan etc

damm!, I thought accountancy was a a career at least safe enough where you woudln't expect to be poisoned.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭MayoRoadRunner

Sat P2 with Reg Callanan in Griffith in September '15. Found him good. Scored 74%. I had sat F7 and F9 with Garret Mulvin for the June '15 exams and found him excellent. If Garret had been available for the Sep sittings I would have gone to him for P2 but First Intuition weren't covering the Sep sitting at the time (not sure if this has changed since).
    Whoever you go for you have to put in the work as its a huge course. I easily spent 3 solid months on P2 and that was with a good (& fresh) F7 foundation through Garret. Spent 3 days on P1 and passed that in same sitting.

Peoples opinions and experience of lectures differs widely on here. I have relied a good bit on the comments made by others as regards the quality of lectures out there. Some have been spot on and others I have went with have been a major let down. Caveat emptor and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

I got 72 with Gerry on F7 so going to go back to him for the p2 June sitting. It's the one I'm least looking forward to.

Advertisement