Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

P5 or P6 Acca

Options
  • 21-01-2016 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm trying to decide on what option paper to do, I have to resist P7 auditing in March also. I did P7 last time online with city college Dublin and went to class for the revision, I found doing it online difficult as I prefer the structure of a class room.

My delimina is that I'm unsure which other option to pick.

I did the F level of tax back in 2008, I don't do much tax at work so I'm worried that this might be beyond my capabilities.

With regard to P5 I never did the F level for this when I started doing them it was information systems so I'm worried that I am a disadvantage for this also.

With either of these options I'm not sure where to go, does anyone have any experience of any lecturer for these in either Limerick or Cork? (I don't find the lectures in Limerick great to be honest).
    I really worried about having to do this online.

I will probably not get any study done for either option until I resit P7 which is March 7th.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    With regard to P5 I never did the F level for this when I started doing them it was information systems so I'm worried that I am a disadvantage for this also.

With either of these options I'm not sure where to go, does anyone have any experience of any lecturer for these in either Limerick or Cork? (I don't find the lectures in Limerick great to be honest).
    I really worried about having to do this online.

Hi Soulcrew, I studied P5 with Griffith Cork in Cork and I would highly recommend studying with them.

I was exempt from the F papers and I was told that this would make passing the paper near impossible but hey I did first time round with Griffith.

The two lecturers in Cork were brilliant. Jim Daly concentrated on the numbers side and by the time he was finished a question, you would be wondering to yourself how you ever considered it difficult. He made it seem so simple and was very clear when explaining how he arrived at the calculations.

Gerard McCarthy was our lecturer for the theoretical side of P5 and I found him to be very good as well. He was particularly good at explaining what exactly the examiner is asking and what kind of answer he expects. The key to passing P5 is having the ability to understand the questions as this examiner can be fairly awkward and unclear in the way that he words the questions.

I hope that this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

Hi ... I did both and was exempt from all the Fs.
    I found the course information for P5 easy and interesting ... However the exam papers and the actual exam were another story. I feel the examiner deliberately makes the questions overly complicated to the point where it becomes like a cryptic crossword than I test of knowledge. I did pass (June 2015) but wasn't very confident leaving exam.

I just sat P6 in Dec. I studied with Julie Hawkins in DBS Dublin ... She is outstanding .. Ppl travelled from Belfast and cork to go to her lecturers.
    I gave my life to p6 from sept to Dec. So much on course, but I passed. The exam is completely do able but you have to put in the hours from the start.

Hope this is some help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Also done P6 with Julie and passed first time. Alot of material to cover but if you go to all the classes and do her homework it is doable.

I found her idea of the notebook with all the reliefs extremely useful also.

Advertisement