Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden side gate?

Options
  • 28-03-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Looking for any contact numbers for people who make wooden side gates. Nothing fancy, plain gate will do. Gate I have after 15years is starting to rot away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

whtat part of limerick are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

Raheen/Dooradoyle area mate

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Just make your own, its very easy, head to Mc Mahons and get the wood and all the bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Made my own too. Got the timber over in Woodies, 2 bolts, 3 hinges and a shed load of brass nails. Will be cheaper for you in the long run.

Not a bad job if I say so myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

B&Q also sell them, some nice ones too and reasonable enough price wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

After replacing two of them , they eventually fall apart from wind or rot, I had a guy make a metal one. Best decision , easy to lock secure , not worried about the wind breaking it too. Cost aroun 200 euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

shawnee wrote: »
    After replacing two of them , they eventually fall apart from wind or rot, I had a guy make a metal one. Best decision , easy to lock secure , not worried about the wind breaking it too. Cost aroun 200 euro .
    Guy down the Market does the Metal ones, or can do a metal frame for a wooden gate. Got one a few years ago and its still like new. He's normally there on the outside near rene cusacks.

Advertisement