Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin route question

Options
  • 24-11-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. Im planning on cycling from north county dublin to trim next weekend.

now i have a garmin 800 and I wondered how do i go about inputting that route avoiding motor ways etc onto my sat nav so it can direct me ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ibebanging

Log onto Garmin Connect and you can plan the route turn by turn. I'm new to Garmin, so I'm sure there is probably a few options.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ibebanging wrote: »
    Log onto Garmin Connect and you can plan the route turn by turn. I'm new to Garmin, so I'm sure there is probably a few options.

Thats pretty much it.

Plan your route. Save it. Plug in your garmin and download to device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

You also then need to change the default options on your unit once you've downloaded the course.

Go into 'Courses', tap on the course you've just downloaded and turn the navigation display to On.
    I haven't got my edge 800 infront of me, but it's something along those lines.
    If you don't do this the unit won't give you turn by turn directions whilst you're cycling the route.

You have to do this everytime you send a route to your garmin, the default setting has turn by turn directions turned to Off.
    No idea why, when it's usually one of the main reasons you've bought the edge 800.

Advertisement